📱X10 WIFI > 🐞X10 WIFI App problems or bugs

Security setting

(1/3) > >>

ceedee:
I have four devices that have a "security off" of 9:30pm. I assumed that each device would have its own random off time, but the app shows the same off time for all four. Yes, the time is no longer 9:30pm (time updated just like the consoles), however I expected independent off times.

Comments?  Thanks.

radioguy1007:
I noticed the same exact thing.  The time changes from day to day (maybe hour to hour but I never tested), but the same offset is used for any security setting.  If I set two timers to trigger at 8:00, they will both turn off at 8:00 plus the same amount of minutes.  If I set one of the two for 8:01, the latter one goes off exactly the same amount of minutes as the 8:00 plus one.  I never saw the old clock timers ever behave this way.

ceedee:
I agree...I've used the "old style" consoles for 20+ years, and never saw this behavior.  For true "security," each module must change its on/off time independent of other modules, otherwise there is no difference from the standard timer setting...they all turn on/off at exactly the same moment.  Sure, not the same time as the day before, but simultaneously.

Bug!

Tuicemen:
I've not played with the security timer much,  with any controller, however it should work to turn off your device around the time set.
so if you set it up for 9:30 it will always display 9:30 but work (up to 20 mins I believe) prior or after that time.
The actual off time will not be displayed as it always changes. ;)

--- Quote from: radioguy1007 on July 26, 2018, 04:36:12 AM ---I noticed the same exact thing.  The time changes from day to day (maybe hour to hour but I never tested), but the same offset is used for any security setting.
--- End quote ---

That is how I would expect it to work.
The manual doesn't explain the security option in much detail but if you want devices to turn off at different times then others using the security setting you should set them to different times as you've done.

ceedee:
Actually, the new time on/off does change in both the consoles and the app.  If the initial security time is 9:30pm, and the new security time is 9:16pm, both the consoles and the app will display that new time for that day.  The time is recalculated for the next cycle.  Also, if the module were to mimic the consoles, the new times would be in the "hour" of the initial time setting.  In my example, the new times would be in the 9-10pm range.

The security feature works.  The problem is that EVERY module using the security function appears to change to exactly the same time moving forward if they start with the same time.  In other words, the new time for each module is not calculated independently.   The module picks a new time, and uses that for every module with the security feature set.  This is NOT how the consoles work!

I guess I can set each module to have a different initial time.  However, as indicated above, the same new time difference appears to be applied to each module.  So, if I space my initial start times 5 minutes apart for three modules, the new times will always be 5 minutes apart.  Yes, each time is different, but the on/off times are not truly random.  There is a pattern.  Again, this is not how the consoles work.

I think this is a bug!  How does one submit a bug report?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version