Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Where to get answers about 'Heyu'  (Read 5071 times)

npaisnel

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Where to get answers about 'Heyu'
« on: July 29, 2018, 02:01:15 AM »

Looking at other posts with 'heyu' questions it seems that heyu knowledge here is a bit thin on the ground,

Does anyone maybe have any hints on other places (forums)  where there may be a greater knowledge base on heyu.  The man pages and sample x10 sched and conf files are only providing limited info 

Thanks

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
Re: Where to get answers about 'Heyu'
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 02:35:04 PM »

You could try the GitHub. You can address your issues directly towards the developer and there is a decent outline of Heyu and it's workings https://github.com/HeyuX10Automation/heyu

npaisnel

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 03:40:46 PM »

You could try the GitHub. You can address your issues directly towards the developer and there is a decent outline of Heyu and it's workings https://github.com/HeyuX10Automation/heyu

thanks I'll try there , though it seems a bit 'dead' posts going back and it seems 3 years ago is the most modern

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 04:14:53 PM »

thanks I'll try there , though it seems a bit 'dead' posts going back and it seems 3 years ago is the most modern

Heyu has come on leaps and bounds over the last number of years. 2.10 as far as I remember. The important thing to remember here is that the X10 user base is not as big as it used to be but that version is quite up to date. The posts you refer to as being 3 or more years old are just issues raised at time of release of a particular version and Heyu 2.10 is quite stable.

Best you road test it as much as possible and if you do hit any snags report it to the developer at GitHub so he/she can address them directly for you. Most of the documentation on the GitHub covers most of the questions you will probably have.

The install instructions I posted earlier for installing Heyu on the Raspberry Pi includes the latest version.

npaisnel

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 04:25:27 PM »

I have been using heyu v2.11-rc3 and HA-bridge for a few months now, for direct control via Alexa, and that worked fine,
Just wanting to upload macros with delays to the CM11 , but as I cant figure it out and you guys seem to thing that HA or HG are better at uploading stuff to the CM11, then I'll struggle on to get HA working

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 04:38:35 PM »

I don't own a cm11 so I can't really say for sure but if a program depends on another for X10 control how can it be better at uploading to a x10 interface?
The only program I know uploads to the CM11 for sure is the original Activehome and ActiveHome Pro.
Both of which are windows programs.
If you've been using Hey U and your only reason to move on is for the upload feature look and see if HeyU can do it and stick with it.
I don't see any where in HG for uploading to any interface but I'm relatively new to it.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 06:49:20 PM »

I don't own a cm11 so I can't really say for sure but if a program depends on another for X10 control how can it be better at uploading to a x10 interface?
The only program I know uploads to the CM11 for sure is the original Activehome and ActiveHome Pro.
Both of which are windows programs.
If you've been using Hey U and your only reason to move on is for the upload feature look and see if HeyU can do it and stick with it.
I don't see any where in HG for uploading to any interface but I'm relatively new to it.

The uploading of macros and timers is purely a proprietary feature between AHP and the relative X10 controllers as far as I am aware. It was one area that was never really reversed engineered successfully as far as I know.

All your timers and macros will be created and broadcast from HG to the x10 controller. You won't be using the x10 controller as a free standing unit. Who would want to with all the additional control a Raspberry Pi can provide. Even smaller and more compact would be the Raspberry Pi Zero W. Just tape it to the back of your x10 controller and there you have it. Wifi and Bluetooth all in one tiny package

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.