Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Different platforms for X10 on the Raspberry Pi  (Read 38384 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Different platforms for X10 on the Raspberry Pi
« Reply #240 on: October 03, 2018, 04:39:54 PM »

Actualy the wiki says to install Mochad and gives you the link to download it. If it was included you shouldnt have to do a separate download.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #241 on: October 03, 2018, 04:49:03 PM »

Actualy the wiki says to install Mochad and gives you the link to download it. If it was included you shouldnt have to do a separate download.

Oops.....no scripts required so. Yes I can vaguely remember messing about with scripts alright. Glad to see they've included what they term native support now.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #242 on: October 03, 2018, 05:01:32 PM »

question:  I have a fully functioning and programmed AHP & cm15a running on my main windows 10 64bit machine.  It turns on and off my x10 security system each evening and morning respectively.

I am beginning to think I can leave that alone and yet ADD this domoticz and its own clearted memory cm15a ALSO to do things.

Until I can find a way to transmit security codes with domoticz (I am working on this) I cannot replace my standalone programmed cm15.

I am also working on figuring how to be able type some my domoticz server address into a web browser along with a specific X10 lites on or off command so I can give my wife a simple one click icon on her apple computer to reset our awful DSL modem 2-3 times a day as required...

True?  Anyone see any issues with running two separate cm15's doing separate stuff?

I don't think you'll get the x10 security codes working in Domoticz. You may have to add a 3rd party solution into the mix. I think others have tried and failed.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #243 on: October 03, 2018, 05:16:50 PM »

@mike I believe to do security code sends with Domoticz you'll need to setup HA-Bridge and do a simular workaround you did with HG and the Broadlink RM
Mochad can see the Security codes but can't send them from what I've read.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #244 on: October 03, 2018, 05:20:24 PM »

I have run 2 CM15A + RPi w/ HG in the past without issue.  I used one as the unit actually doing the work and the second to simply record transmitted commands so as to track what the main unit was seeing and doing.  I also did the same thing with AHP + CM15A as the monitor prior to switching to HG.  As has been mentioned, the key is to make sure you don't have both performing competing actions and ideally turning off transcoding on one CM15A.

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #245 on: October 03, 2018, 05:49:08 PM »

@mike I believe to do security code sends with Domoticz you'll need to setup HA-Bridge and do a simular workaround you did with HG and the Broadlink RM
Mochad can see the Security codes but can't send them from what I've read.

I figured I would end up there too. 

mike

« Reply #246 on: October 03, 2018, 05:51:37 PM »

"

Just look at the web Api calls on your devices in Domoticz and you can type them in the browser address bar. Should work ok."

Ya, bit so far I have clue where to look for these...  maybe a log somewhere...

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #247 on: October 03, 2018, 06:39:06 PM »

Mike I don't use Domoticz but here's a typical example of operating a device using a URL directly from the browser address bar. You should be able to figure the exact syntax yourself.

Try starting a new post as my original post is gone out of shape now.

mike

« Reply #248 on: October 03, 2018, 06:43:39 PM »

Mike I don't use Domoticz but here's a typical example of operating a device using a URL directly from the browser address bar. You should be able to figure the exact syntax yourself.

Try starting a new post as my original post is gone out of shape now.

I will start a new post, but please give me your example (did not come thru).    tnx
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.