Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Different platforms for X10 on the Raspberry Pi  (Read 38371 times)

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Re: Different platforms for X10 on the Raspberry Pi
« Reply #225 on: September 29, 2018, 07:46:29 PM »

SWEET!   Yes, it reboots now.   I will image it to backup file tomorrow. 

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #226 on: September 29, 2018, 07:53:40 PM »

SWEET!   Yes, it reboots now.   I will image it to backup file tomorrow.

Do NOT attempt to play with it until you have imaged it first or I'll book a flight over to you and take it off you  rofl

You've finally arrived in the world of Raspberry Pi  >!

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #227 on: September 29, 2018, 07:58:10 PM »

Not sure what app you use to image your SD card. Win32diskimage works very well and it does a good read/write every time. Whatever you use make sure you test your image integrity possibly writing it to a different SD card and try to boot it in your Zero.

Don't forget to report back on your adventures in a new post.

mike

« Reply #228 on: September 30, 2018, 05:30:21 PM »

petera, no flight needed.  my newly made image created another SD card that I am now using.  Installed Mochad so far but not tested it yet.  After I can turn a lite on/off with it I will go on to installing domoticz again.   Thanks again for your help.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #229 on: September 30, 2018, 06:32:43 PM »

You're welcome  >!

mike

« Reply #230 on: October 01, 2018, 03:09:12 PM »

Never mind all this;  found write ups showing how to get around certificate issues...  installing now...    sheesh...  server is running and shows up on network.  Now to figure how to USE it!  haha!

So I followed detailed lines with copy/paste to install mochad;  it seems to work as it finds my cm15 plugged in...  I cleared cm15 memory.  I can turn A1 appliance module on/off via actie home I installed on this workshop windows computer to verify the install...

mochad instructions are confusing as they do not tell how to 'end' a mochad command...  I can ask it to check status and it says found cm15a but does not give me back my prompt for next command;  I must hit ctrl-Z to get prompt back.  ditto with their test lines of echo a1 on etc...  no end and no turning on module.  I assume it probably works and I just don't understand how to send a terminal command to it.  OK.  so on to installing dfomoticz.

sheesh, before it installed instantly;  now it wont install - says certificate errors.  tried to copy fault to file to post here but it just reboots the pi... 

various roundabout copy pastes between SSH and GUI got the fault:

pi@raspberrypi:~/Public $ head domoticz.txt
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ curl -L install.domoticz.com | sudo bash
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100   194  100   194    0     0    231      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--   231
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:01 --:--:--     0
curl: (77) error setting certificate verify locations:
  CAfile: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
  CApath: /etc/ssl/certs
pi@raspberrypi:~ $

Any ideas how to solve this?

On my wifes Apple I found over the years I could sometimes install new programs by downloading them then clicking on them;  is that possible here?  I downloaded the latest beta of domoticz.tgz into  my pi Downloads directory ,  I unzipped it into directory there labeled domoticz.   there is what looks like a program file named domoticz in there - can I just double click it to install?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 03:44:00 PM by mike »

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #231 on: October 01, 2018, 03:39:04 PM »

So I followed detailed lines with copy/paste to install mochad;  it seems to work as it finds my cm15 plugged in...  I cleared cm15 memory.  I can turn A1 appliance module on/off via actie home I installed on this workshop windows computer to verify the install...

mochad instructions are confusing as they do not tell how to 'end' a mochad command...  I can ask it to check status and it says found cm15a but does not give me back my prompt for next command;  I must hit ctrl-Z to get prompt back.  ditto with their test lines of echo a1 on etc...  no end and no turning on module.  I assume it probably works and I just don't understand how to send a terminal command to it.  OK.  so on to installing dfomoticz.

sheesh, before it installed instantly;  now it wont install - says certificate errors.  tried to copy fault to file to post here but it just reboots the pi... 

various roundabout copy pastes between SSH and GUI got the fault:

pi@raspberrypi:~/Public $ head domoticz.txt
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ curl -L install.domoticz.com | sudo bash
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100   194  100   194    0     0    231      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--   231
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:01 --:--:--     0
curl: (77) error setting certificate verify locations:
  CAfile: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
  CApath: /etc/ssl/certs
pi@raspberrypi:~ $

Any ideas how to solve this?

On my wifes Apple I found over the years I could sometimes install new programs by downloading them then clicking on them;  is that possible here?  I downloaded the latest beta of domoticz.tgz into  my pi Downloads directory ,  I unzipped it into directory there labeled domoticz.   there is what looks like a program file named domoticz in there - can I just double click it to install?

This is what a lot of people use to install Mochad on the Raspberry Pi https://www.markvriens.com/raspberry-pi-x10-with-cm15pro-controller/

Just follow the instructions exactly as they are listed. It also explains what to expect when you start the server and exactly the format to type them in.

You need to create a service to launch Mochad on boot.

As you are installing Mochad from a makefile you need to remove the makefile before trying to reinstall it (not easy). Again once you hit problems on install just reinstall Raspbian. It will save you hours of messing about trying to repair it.

Here's the routine for installing Mochad for Domoticz https://www.sigmdel.ca/michel/ha/x10/domoticz_install_01_en.html

mike

« Reply #232 on: October 01, 2018, 03:45:58 PM »

tnx.  I have a few others (maybe these too) open to help.  Sure need them!  thanks.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #233 on: October 01, 2018, 04:21:34 PM »

tnx.  I have a few others (maybe these too) open to help.  Sure need them!  thanks.

Unless an author of a program creates an uninstall of a makefile it's very difficult to remove it.

Mochad is not in the apt package repositories so you can't use the usual sudo apt to install it. You need to compile it first as you are doing from the links I posted

The markvriens install instructions are very straightforward and work every time for a first time install on a vanilla version of Raspbian.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #234 on: October 01, 2018, 05:12:14 PM »

When you finally get Mochad up and running and find for any reason that it's locking up on you compile and install either SensorFlare's version https://github.com/SensorFlare/mochad  or  bjonica's version 0.1.17 https://github.com/bjonica/mochad

mike

« Reply #235 on: October 01, 2018, 06:47:22 PM »

I believe it is working...   quite a few apparent random pi reboots - probably stuff I am doing, but I CAN turn on off a lite in the house with echo "rf a2 on" | nc localhost 1099! I cannot add switches to domoticz yet since my cm15a is a test unit on my workbench, behind 2 X10 line filters so it cannot see my pushing a button... 

I am not ready to clear memory in my daily use cm15a so hope it will work uncleared!   I will move my pi to 2nd floor of my office where my cm15a is with its external antenna and give it a go tomorrow!

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #236 on: October 01, 2018, 07:35:33 PM »

I believe it is working...   quite a few apparent random pi reboots - probably stuff I am doing, but I CAN turn on off a lite in the house with echo "rf a2 on" | nc localhost 1099! I cannot add switches to domoticz yet since my cm15a is a test unit on my workbench, behind 2 X10 line filters so it cannot see my pushing a button... 

I am not ready to clear memory in my daily use cm15a so hope it will work uncleared!   I will move my pi to 2nd floor of my office where my cm15a is with its external antenna and give it a go tomorrow!

If you don't clear the memory you'll get some really weird behaviour. As they are no longer on sale you may pick up a used one on eBay that you could clear.

At least you now have Mochad working and have learnt a little more about into the bargain.

Good luck with the adventure. I've got to get back to troubleshooting a Ubuntu Raid 10 server. Been putting it off for a while but needs must.

mike

« Reply #237 on: October 03, 2018, 04:06:31 PM »

question:  I have a fully functioning and programmed AHP & cm15a running on my main windows 10 64bit machine.  It turns on and off my x10 security system each evening and morning respectively.

I am beginning to think I can leave that alone and yet ADD this domoticz and its own clearted memory cm15a ALSO to do things.

Until I can find a way to transmit security codes with domoticz (I am working on this) I cannot replace my standalone programmed cm15.

I am also working on figuring how to be able type some my domoticz server address into a web browser along with a specific X10 lites on or off command so I can give my wife a simple one click icon on her apple computer to reset our awful DSL modem 2-3 times a day as required...

True?  Anyone see any issues with running two separate cm15's doing separate stuff? 

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #238 on: October 03, 2018, 04:17:18 PM »

There are issues with running 2 CM15. It is posible using AHP as you need to tell one not to trancieve other wise both will re send signal on plc. I belive that was the only real issue with running two though you may wish to Pm knightrider as I know he ran more then one maybe more then 2.  >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #239 on: October 03, 2018, 04:29:55 PM »

There are issues with running 2 CM15. It is posible using AHP as you need to tell one not to trancieve other wise both will re send signal on plc. I belive that was the only real issue with running two though you may wish to Pm knightrider as I know he ran more then one maybe more then 2.  >!

I've two running here no problem.

Been a while since I ran Domoticz but it appears now that it has native support for Mochad so no need to install Mochad separately https://www.domoticz.com/wiki/X10_devices,_CM15_Pro

Just look at the web Api calls on your devices in Domoticz and you can type them in the browser address bar. Should work ok.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.