Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Comments on Pi newbie HA-Bridge Guide  (Read 13719 times)

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
Re: Comments on Pi newbie HA-Bridge Guide
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2018, 01:23:45 PM »

I'll create a simple script to do all this in one step(if demand is there) ::) :'

I would be part of that demand and hope others chime in ...I'd be very grateful!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2018, 07:20:17 PM »

……. A single point and click installer I think is what most users want. Linux PI users frown on this as it teaches nothing.

I know... that was made very clear. Unfortunately I wasn't at a Pi, Linux, or raspbian forum.... I was at an X10 forum. I was hoping for an X10 fix.... not a Pi/Raspbian fix. I believe there are countless thousands of like-minded X10 users looking for a chance/opportunity to use X10 with their Echo and google devices. This week.... just like all previous weeks.... the solutions are all sold by OTHER home automation venders. 
Home Automation is an always changing technology

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2018, 07:29:51 PM »

I'll create a simple script to do all this in one step(if demand is there) ::) :'

I would be part of that demand and hope others chime in ...I'd be very grateful!

I get the impression that X10 has been convinced that the Home Automation community isn't interested in modern technology... like cloud computing.

I would think.... if our best interests were for X10 (as well as ourselves as X10 users). We'd want X10 to introduce a Pi coded device and downloads with server support complete with an Alexa skill/skills. Just like EVERY OTHER home automation product line on the planet.

Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2018, 06:50:09 AM »

Yesterday I started to play with this a bit more since I was rebuilding a SD card anyways.
It appears response time is a bit quicker then passing the codes to HG and HA though hardly noticeable.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2018, 08:48:42 PM »

It would be nice to see some other less experienced users try Tuicemen's install instructions to achieve this goal as I think he has made it very achievable for the average user.

I'm mighty green and a newbie.  :)  I today installed on pi zero W   HG & Ha-bridge on my 8gb stretch lite image - using tuicemen's install instructions step by step.  So congrats are in order to you guys for getting this to this point!  You are doing great!

mike

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2018, 08:53:00 PM »

Only issue I have is small one;  I had made a group called X10 and loaded it with a few of my most used switches and arm/disarm keyfob and test DS10 security door sw.   After changing HG port from 80 to 8080 (to free 80 for Ha-bridge) & restarting HG service, my X10 group is gone.  No big deal to rebuild it or maybe restore from my backup, but just a question.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2018, 09:01:33 PM »

It would be nice to see some other less experienced users try Tuicemen's install instructions to achieve this goal as I think he has made it very achievable for the average user.

I'm mighty green and a newbie.  :)  I today installed on pi zero W   HG & Ha-bridge on my 8gb stretch lite image - using tuicemen's install instructions step by step.  So congrats are in order to you guys for getting this to this point!  You are doing great!

That's a welcome positive experience and one I hope is replicated with other prospective users. We will do what we can to make sure this happens.

Now that Mike is up and running hopefully others will follow. As a group we can put our stamp on how we see X10 evolving from here. With the help of JeffVolp, dave w, dhouston and others on the hardware side we could have something to drive X10 created by the members for the members. No more hanging on in the hope that a knight in shining armour will ride into town and rescue X10.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2018, 09:05:37 PM »

Only issue I have is small one;  I had made a group called X10 and loaded it with a few of my most used switches and arm/disarm keyfob and test DS10 security door sw.   After changing HG port from 80 to 8080 (to free 80 for Ha-bridge) & restarting HG service, my X10 group is gone.  No big deal to rebuild it or maybe restore from my backup, but just a question.

That's an odd one. Was it a HomeGenie backup you took. If so could you restore it and report back on the status of HG after the restore. Always a good idea to do a HG backup if any major changes are made to your configuration.

mike

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2018, 09:13:27 PM »

yes, I made a HG backup.  made one before adding HAbridge and another after changing HG port to 8080 before restarting its service.  so I have two I can try to restore from just to see...   tomorrow

mike

« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2018, 08:30:59 AM »

That's an odd one. Was it a HomeGenie backup you took. If so could you restore it and report back on the status of HG after the restore. Always a good idea to do a HG backup if any major changes are made to your configuration.

backup info to share, but I suspect this is not the right place.  Should I start a new general thread about it?  Or new in the beta section?  Or post in the beta HG thread?  Or keep it to myself and not post in any location?

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2018, 11:01:00 AM »

backup info to share, but I suspect this is not the right place.  Should I start a new general thread about it?  Or new in the beta section?  Or post in the beta HG thread?  Or keep it to myself and not post in any location?

Start a new thread in the Beta section. Something along the lines of ........My experience setting up HG. It can be unique to you and act as a reference to others. You can add to it as you progress. Others can follow similar lines until we have a clear picture of HG on X10.

Hopefully with other successes this can be pushed to the mainstream.

alzy

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2019, 02:15:38 PM »

Looking for x10cmd script. Where can I find it? Any help wolud be appreciated. Thanks!

mike

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2019, 05:19:14 PM »

Looking for x10cmd script. Where can I find it? Any help wolud be appreciated. Thanks!

What is "x10cmd script?"

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2019, 11:38:49 AM »

What is "x10cmd script?"
The X10cmd is a script to send x10 commands via mochad.
This file is usually something you must make your self, however I have included it in the Alexa Hub image and it can be found in the HA-Bridge folder.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

alzy

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2019, 12:28:46 PM »

Would this x10cmd have to be modified for HA Bridge to send a x10 dim to a level type command rather than a dim by a fixed amount command?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.