📱X10 WIFI > 🗯General Discussion

Looking for users experianced in IOT communications and more.

(1/17) > >>

Tuicemen:
The main issue with getting things added to the WM100 in a timely fashion seems to be the manufacture and developer telling Authinx things can't be done without a hardware rebuild (which is out of the question) Since Authinx has no one experience in the WM100 communication  (which seems to be MQTT) or what the chip is actually capable of doing. They can only say to the manufacture or developer can you look into this again this leads to an even larger wait time for us to see things implemented.
I've told Authinx some things are doable and exactly how to do it which was passed on to the developer.
However I have no real experience in MQTT nor what the chip can actually do, I do have some experience in creating Android apps however.
If Authinx could say to the manufacture or developer Yes you can do that with proof that it can be done I believe development will move much quicker.
I've asked for a list of what the developer is currently telling them can't be done as it requires a hardware change.
My idea of a updateable firmware was to help overcome many issues that would pop up requiring  a hardware change.

JeffVolp:
I can't help with the WiFi end, but I can pursue the communication between the daughter board and the motherboard - in particular those lines labeled 232OUT and 232IN.

Jeff

Tuicemen:
Thanks Jeff,
Any Infomation we can supply Authinx will give them some amunition when told something can't be done.
Authinx obiously can't get clear answers from the developer or manufacture .
Theyre told reason something can't be added is always a hardware limitation which I refuse to believe!
There is almost always a firmware or software solution and given it appears the chips resources are not fully utilized I'm sure those could be tapped into.

JeffVolp:
It will be about a week before I have time to pursue this because I'm in the middle of a build cycle.  But with the motherboard being based on the PAT03, it may just a X10 powerline interface for standard commands.  There is no way a downloadable firmware update will change what the motherboard is capable of.

Jeff

dhouston:
In their description of the PAT03, Authinx says it has a new amplifier that gives a PLC output that is 10x that of the PAT01 so it does make sense that the WM100 motherboard is based on it. That was also pretty obvious in the photo of the first version that Tuicemen posted earlier.

It may be that one of the mystery 14-pin ICs provides a serial interface with the daughter board. If so, replacing the daughter board with something like the WeMos D1 Mini Pro that can be programmed using the Arduino IDE and even with the freeware Basic4Arduino (which also supports the ESP8266) could make things easier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version