Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Send in your issues to support!  (Read 4278 times)

ceedee

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Send in your issues to support!
« on: September 24, 2018, 12:46:48 PM »

I contacted support regarding a number of issues,  all of which have been discussed here.  Based on the response, support personnel do not appear to participate in this forum. I’m hope I’m wrong.

Support contact said he’d forward my issues to the developer.  He also asked me to outline all the issues I’m seeing on all of my (4) devices, which I did.

I urge you to take a minute to send your issues to tech@x10.com.  They need to see all the issues from all the users.  Then, we can say we tried...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 02:21:51 PM by ceedee »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Send in your issues to support!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 12:57:00 PM »

Authinx is aware of 90% of the issues reported here as should the developer.
However seems like phone calls get a bit more attention.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ceedee

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 02:24:51 PM »

What frustrates me is that we’re not talking obscure bugs.  These are quite obvious, and have been encountered by a number of users on various devices. That leads me to believe that testing and QA is minimal or non-existent.  In essence, the users are debugging the SW.   That's called beta testing.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 02:40:41 PM »

I use to get a pre-release Android version even a pre-release firmware as Android apps are easier to send out to testers. IOS apps aren't as easy to beta test due to the OS security, but not impossible.
 I suspect the IOS tester pool is very small if the developer is even doing that anymore. The main issue with nailing down issues is it is not seen by everyone  though the numbers that do experience it are noticeable. Add to that and what works on 1 OS or even OS version doesn't work on the other B:( B:(
If everyone ran the latest greatest phone the developer would only need to develope for it.
Don't get me wrong I'm in no way defending the developer.

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 04:13:16 PM »

If everyone ran the latest greatest phone the developer would only need to develop for it.

Therein lies the problem.  Some of us don't need the latest and greatest.  My Galaxy S4 still works fine for what I use it for.  Same for my wife's S4 mini.  I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars on a new phone just to run an X10 app.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 04:27:13 PM »

I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars on a new phone just to run an X10 app.

And no one should have to the main issue is the phone manufactures. Some newer OS versions will not run some older software B:(
Just like newer versions of Windows will not run older software or older Windows OS versions will not run newer software. :(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ceedee

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 04:48:03 PM »

Ok, then X10 has to be very explicit on what platforms and OS it tested on and supports.  The iOS app runs fine on my 10.3 phone,  but not well on my iPad, running iOS 11 and 12.  If the marketing literature indicates iOS, I assume all iOS, unless they say otherwise. 

It’s ok to not support *everthing*. This is a daunting task, even for the big guns.  Just tell me what works, and I’ll deal with it.

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 05:18:56 PM »

Just like newer versions of Windows will not run older software or older Windows OS versions will not run newer software. :(

That's why I've frozen my PCs at Win7, and still have two XP machines in reserve.  Some programs like the Carrier/Bryant HVAC program will only run on the Win7 XP emulator, and no update is available.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 06:12:58 PM »

It sounds like this discussion has evolved to the need for a web page interface and not an app.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 06:52:40 PM »

It sounds like this discussion has evolved to the need for a web page interface and not an app.
I always believed that was the better option! Users should stress that when contacting support. It would be a great work around for those with connection, and sync issues.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2018, 07:59:51 PM »

That's why I've frozen my PCs at Win7, and still have two XP machines in reserve.  Some programs like the Carrier/Bryant HVAC program will only run on the Win7 XP emulator, and no update is available.

Jeff
Offtopic:
Don't know if you've tried it but some older programs that need the XP emulator on WIN7 64 bit will run on WIN7 32 bit. I have one on a laptop and I use Teamviewer to access it from my WIN10 pc if needed.

VinRin57

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2018, 07:48:39 AM »

Quick question, are they aware that the device time line/history does not indicate the date? Time only?

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2018, 07:55:30 AM »

Quick question, are they aware that the device time line/history does not indicate the date? Time only?

I've never been able to pull up ANY history. You should feel lucky.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2018, 08:12:37 AM »

The time only in the history is not a bug the suggestion to add the date has been added to the wish list which the developer and Authinx have links to so they should be aware. Like Knightrider stated your one of the lucky ones. I've never been able to pull up the history at my off grid place. At my city place if it comes up the app quickly restarts so it is totally unusable for me at either place.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

arizona480

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2018, 11:55:23 AM »

Yes, when I'm traveling and I have my home being monitored, the web interface would be nice for whoever is keeping track of what's going on.  Especially if he/she has her own x10 system on his/her phone app.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.