Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Can't See QR Code (Can't Access Camera)  (Read 11713 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Can't See QR Code (Can't Access Camera)
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2018, 06:22:34 PM »

The Pi Zero W must be popular.
The vendors here that I looked at indicated one per customer. $10.00 plus shipping. That is why I have a spare coming from a different vendor.
I did see one vendor with a Pi Zero W selling one with the 40 pin GPIO connector on it.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2018, 06:58:55 PM »

Yes with popularity comes price increases I got my first one for almost half of what I can get one now for.
Even then it was limited to one per customer order.
The GPIO connector may be nice for adding extra hardware but isn't needed for X10 control.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tucson

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2018, 10:10:13 PM »

Yes with popularity comes price increases I got my first one for almost half of what I can get one now for.
Even then it was limited to one per customer order.
The GPIO connector may be nice for adding extra hardware but isn't needed for X10 control.

Sounds interesting the Pi Zero based controller is there a link to follow what happening and what needed to get started.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 10:12:47 PM by Tucson »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2018, 01:38:54 AM »

There is a link that you can use to semi follow the progress.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=30555.0
I'll PM you with more details.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2018, 11:48:55 AM »

Statistically... he has over 6 years. I wonder if (Obama's reconfigured) General Motors will still be here that long? 

The GM bailout was done by Bush #43.   It was completed, and signed off by him.   True, it after the elections, and Obama was the President Elect, but about a month before Bush #43 left office.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2018, 11:52:39 AM »

I hope this time, they will leave behind to their loyal community all the source code to the CM15A and the WM100, so we can continue to support ourselves.    -:)
If they had access to any usable code we would have seen this already.
The source code for AHP which I have is in bits and pieces and uses Microsoft drivers & Dlls no longer available.
Several developers attempted to do something with the AHP code without success.

I have to wonder if anyone was ever able to contact Mike C, and if he kept a copy of the full source package?    IMHO, that would be the only true hope.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2018, 12:07:54 PM »

I've reached out to several old programmers with out success. The old code that Mike may have would still require an old PC and a copy of the Old Visual Studio C+  (2005 if memory serves my right) to compile. It also would not include several plugins, not that many of them work now anyways. ::) :'
The WM100 was never intended to be a replacement for AHP though the original proto type did look that way. :( ::) :'

The option that my self and others in the X10 Community are working on will far out perform the WM100 or AHP.
Even the option dhouston is working on will also blow the socks off the WM100
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2018, 12:47:01 PM »

Statistically... he has over 6 years. I wonder if (Obama's reconfigured) General Motors will still be here that long? 

The GM bailout was done by Bush #43.   It was completed, and signed off by him.   True, it after the elections, and Obama was the President Elect, but about a month before Bush #43 left office.

Your added information is semi-correct.  Bush approved a bailout plan and gave General Motors and Chrysler $13.4 billion in financing from TARP (Troubled Assets Relief Program).

But has nothing to do with my reference to The General Motors Chapter 11 bankruptcy and reconfiguration presided over by President Obama in 2009.

But this makes my point! This isn't stuff learned in a five second Google search. You've either learned this stuff or you didn't. Market forces have always been and will always be with us. We can either learn about what is happening and roll with it. Or we can just rant about what we wish, might, could, should, have been.

RE-acting to modern changes... is failure in motion. We need to collectively visualize and build a future that CAN include X10. 
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 01:10:28 PM by HA Dave »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2018, 12:51:26 PM »

Your added information is semi-correct.  Bush approved a bailout plan and gave General Motors and Chrysler $13.4 billion in financing from TARP (Troubled Assets Relief Program).

But has nothing to due with my reference to The General Motors Chapter 11 presided over by President Obama in 2009.

That's when GM stood for Government Motors  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.