Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: California ban all default passwords on internet connected devices  (Read 1125 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

Saw this link on the UDI forums.
Seems California is banning all default passwords on internet connected devices.
https://it.slashdot.org/story/18/10/05/1814242/california-bans-default-passwords-on-any-internet-connected-device

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: California ban all default passwords on internet connected devices
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 06:00:38 PM »

The password will (likely) be the serial number (plus the 3 letters on the sticker beside the serial number). I think this idea has been around for a longtime. It is just unimaginable that any states constitution grants the state the power to enact such a law. 

CA also in the same barrage of last minute laws.... required every board of directors to have at least one female board member. Which... may legally REQUIRE the discharge of men accross the state. That can't be legal.

P.S. Men can now also "identify" as female.... yet there is no exact clarification on whether a man who "identity's as a female board member" meets the requirement of the new law(s).
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 06:05:56 PM by HA Dave »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 06:53:56 PM »

California lawmakers have never let a silly little thing like the Constitution - state or Federal - get in the way of passing ridiculous laws. Just wait till a female board member who decides to self identify as a male and then gets fired to make room for a male who self identifies as a female is hired to comply with the law. Heads will explode!  rofl

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 05:21:33 PM »

California lawmakers have never let a silly little thing like the Constitution - state or Federal - get in the way of passing ridiculous laws. Just wait till a female board member who decides to self identify as a male and then gets fired to make room for a male who self identifies as a female is hired to comply with the law. Heads will explode!  rofl
Mine already did, just thinking about that scenario.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 07:52:19 PM »

The whole law will be thrown out because it discriminates against non-binary gendered people. I'm still not sure what that means but it's a 'thing.'  When I grew up we just had boys and girls and very little confusion on where to go to pee.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.