🖥️ActiveHome Pro > Software Problems & Bugs

A timer problem that has shown up

(1/9) > >>

LAF:
I have had an AHP system for several years now and it has worked very well but I have run into a problem with two timers that issue commands to appliance modules at the same time of day.  The problem is one or both don't seem to trigger or they both trigger and the commands don't get thru.  I initially had both set for 9:00 AM and solved the problem by setting one to 9:01.

Should that be necessary??  I would think the CM15 would be smart enough to issue the commands sequentially with sufficient time between them to allow the first command to complete(??).

Also, what happens if a timer issues a command and someone pushes a button on a remote control device?  Do the two commands step on one another?

Thanks for any assistance.

JeffVolp:

--- Quote from: LAF on October 06, 2018, 06:20:43 PM ---Also, what happens if a timer issues a command and someone pushes a button on a remote control device?  Do the two commands step on one another?
--- End quote ---

Yes, we call that a "collision", and it is likely that both commands will be lost.

Jeff

brobin:
I'm not an AHP expert but I think if you add the two commands in one macro they should execute sequentially.  If they're on the same Housecode you can send i.e., A1,A2,ON and both will turn on.

LAF:

--- Quote from: brobin on October 06, 2018, 06:58:23 PM ---I'm not an AHP expert but I think if you add the two commands in one macro they should execute sequentially.  If they're on the same Housecode you can send i.e., A1,A2,ON and both will turn on.

--- End quote ---

That is correct - AHP seems able to handle that but timers that trigger at the same time, apparently not.  Pretty surprising if that's the case.

Tuicemen:
Why not add all the modules to one timer?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version