Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: A timer problem that has shown up  (Read 15209 times)

LAF

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: A timer problem that has shown up
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2018, 11:22:35 AM »

If the box is checked, neither the box label or the balloon text change.

When you say the "Store in Interface" works fine do you mean your timers run with the computer off or, as the balloon implies, only with the computer on?

On further looking at it, it looks like the "Repeat" box is grayed out when the timer triggers a macro.

I'm gonna leave the computer running with logging on to see what happens today (re the original problem).

LAF

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2018, 04:10:53 PM »

Looks like I may have found the problem.  One of the troublesome timers was a conditional macro timer which triggered on time but for some reason did not issue the command for the associated module (no matter if the flag condition was set to on or off).  Anyhow, deleted and regened the macro and it seems now to work properly.

I guess I had improperly assumed that since the problem arose when another timer was added to trigger at the same time as the macro, that was the cause of the problem.

BTW, how can one determine flag on/off status (w/o running a macro to test it)?  I ran a status report and all the Monitored House Code Status fields come up blank.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 04:12:41 PM by LAF »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2018, 05:58:07 PM »

It has been over a year since using AHP and even longer since I was using flags. I seem to remember you could generate reports which would show status of everything including flags.
I believe that is located under file.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

LAF

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2018, 06:03:31 PM »

It has been over a year since using AHP and even longer since I was using flags. I seem to remember you could generate reports which would show status of everything including flags.
 >!

Yeah, that's what I used but it shows blanks fields for each of the 16 flags.  The heading is "Monitored House Code Flag Status" which seems to imply there is a set of flags for each house code but, if so, I cannot figure out how to specify which house code to use.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2018, 12:23:58 PM »

>!

Yeah, that's what I used but it shows blanks fields for each of the 16 flags.  The heading is "Monitored House Code Flag Status" which seems to imply there is a set of flags for each house code but, if so, I cannot figure out how to specify which house code to use.

As far as I recall, AHP only allows one "monitored" house code, and one set of flags (total). The wording of the report is a bit confusing, but they never bothered to change it.

LAF

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2018, 12:30:57 PM »

Yeah, that's the way I understand it but the flag part of the Status report still shows blanks for all 16 flags whereas I would expect it to show Off or On for each one.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2018, 10:14:59 AM »

Yeah, that's the way I understand it but the flag part of the Status report still shows blanks for all 16 flags whereas I would expect it to show Off or On for each one.
Try creating a macro to set all 16 flags, run it, and then check what the report shows for the flag status.
Then create another one to clear all the flags, run it, and see what the report shows.

Also, I seem to recall that conditional macros would ignore the condition if you triggered them from within AHP. You needed to trigger them with a timer or with an external command (like from a PalmPad), to test the conditions.

LAF

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2018, 02:42:36 PM »

Well, my conditional macro has returned to it's fail condition so regening it didn't seem to help (the timer triggers the macro on time but the module command within is not sent, according to the activity monitor).

As far as conditional macros ignoring the condition, that is not what's happening here as the condition was true but the module command was not transmitted.  I question whether conditional macros ignore the condition if triggered within as I have other conditional macros that work fine and the one in question worked fine until a while ago when I added a bunch of unrelated timers (all unrelated but two with the same trigger times as the failing macro).

:(

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2018, 09:42:02 AM »

Well, my conditional macro has returned to it's fail condition  ... and the one in question worked fine until a while ago when I added a bunch of unrelated timers (all unrelated but two with the same trigger times as the failing macro).

If you change the trigger time (either of the macro that isn't working right, or the new ones), does that change the behavior at all? When the SmartMacros first came out, one of the reliability fixes was to add a delay at the beginning, and/or delays before each command to be sent (even a 0 second delay was enough), because it forced the commands to be issued separately (instead of doing the "A1,A2,A3 A On" sequence). You might try that, to see if it makes any difference (if you're going to add delays, I'd start with 1 or 2 seconds, so you can observe the behavior better).

LAF

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2018, 02:45:14 PM »

The module timer always works.  The module command in the timer macro only works if the macro's trigger time is different from that of the module timer. 

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll try adding a delay before the module command in the timer macro to see what difference that makes.

LAF

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2018, 08:10:11 PM »

The module timer always works.  The module command in the timer macro only works if the macro's trigger time is different from that of the module timer. 

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll try adding a delay before the module command in the timer macro to see what difference that makes.

Didn't work either.   >*<

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2018, 09:53:20 AM »

Didn't work either.   >*<
I'm  bit confused. Are you trying to trigger a module, and a macro that includes a command to that module, at the same exact time? Do they have the same House Code/Unit Code?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2018, 10:34:49 AM »

@ LAF if you can post a screen shot of you timer in question that would help clear some confusion.
A fresh set of eyes may spot something.
As well I notice the version of AHP was never mentioned. Everyone assumes 3.318 as that was the last build but I've come across others still using much older versions.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

LAF

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2018, 12:44:07 PM »

OK, here's the situation.  I have two modules, an appliance module and a PRO universal module.  The universal module is triggered by a timer.  The appliance module is controlled by a conditional macro which is itself triggered by a separate timer.  The condition in the macro tests Flag 1.  If the condition is met, the macro switches the appliance module on.  The timer for the universal module switches it off.  The code for the appliance module is B3, the code for the universal module is E4.

If the two timers are set to trigger at the same time, the command to the universal module is sent.  The macro, according to the activity monitor, is triggered but, the command to switch the appliance module is not sent no matter what the state of Flag 1 is (Set or Clear).

If the timers are set to different times, both the appliance module and universal module commands are sent, depending on the Flag 1 state, as would be expected i.e. everything works properly.

If the condition is removed from the macro, everything also works properly, even when the times are set to trigger at the same time of day.

I have tested this both in my main program and a small test program which only contains the above described modules and timers.  I have reset the CM15A both with Tools and by unplugging and removing the batteries.  I'm not sure what else I can try save deleting and reinstalling the AHP software.  Maybe someone could try a test case on their AHP setup?

My AHP version is 3.318.  The product is registered to tuicemen, Last Update 30/09/2011.

I can't figure out how to include a screen shot here. Do you use Insert Image?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2018, 01:03:38 PM »

How to insert a screen shot
Post both the timer and macro I'm sure someone can test or spot the issue ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.