Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: A timer problem that has shown up  (Read 15163 times)

LAF

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: A timer problem that has shown up
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2018, 03:43:50 PM »

Is there any way of attaching the program itself?  The attachments option doesn't allow .ahx files.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2018, 03:54:22 PM »

you could save a AHX file renamed as a text file then post it. anyone wishing to look at or load it could rename it back to a AHX file
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

LAF

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2018, 03:58:07 PM »

Here's the screen shots.  Note that the other macro is used only to set or clear Flag 1 for testing.

LAF

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2018, 05:01:32 PM »

you could save a AHX file renamed as a text file then post it. anyone wishing to look at or load it could rename it back to a AHX file

OK, I didn't know they were text files.  I'll do that if anyone wants.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2018, 05:24:58 PM »

Posting the ahx file will allow anyone wishing to test run your setup an easy way. You didn't show what sets or clears flag 1 or why you use it other then testing.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 05:28:56 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

LAF

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2018, 05:49:48 PM »

Posting the ahx file will allow anyone wishing to test run your setup an easy way. You didn't show what sets or clears flag 1 or why you use it other then testing.

Point is it doesn't matter what sets or clears the flag or why it's used otherwise.  I used a test case to try and narrow down the problem without complicating the issues by including the other stuff in my original main program.  I believe the test case has demonstrated there is a bug in AHP related to simultaneous timer triggering and conditional(s) in a related macro (unless my install of AHP has been corrupted in some weird way or my CM15A is screwed up somehow). 

The test program in any case takes only a minute to recreate and I wish someone would try it on their PC & CM15A to see if they get the same result.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2018, 05:54:04 PM »

Your screen shots show the setup has not been uploaded to the Cm15.
If that is indeed the case that is why things are failing
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

LAF

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2018, 06:59:20 PM »

Your screen shots show the setup has not been uploaded to the Cm15.
If that is indeed the case that is why things are failing

That's only because I reloaded the test prog to generate the screen shots.  I have always uploaded it to the CM15 when running a test.  Besides, the same macro & module timers fail in my main program.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2018, 09:52:33 AM »

Just for testing, have you tried flipping the condition (of the flag is on, instead of it being off)? It's been a while since I edited any of my conditional macros, but I'm pretty sure there is an "else" option. You could try using the "flag is set" for the primary condition (and either put in a dummy module to activate, or I think just a delay would be enough), and then the "flag is set" could be the "else" condition. It should only take a few minutes to test that case.

Alternatively, if the universal module and the macro are always being triggered at the same time, why not put the universal module's trigger into the macro? Use the "else" option, so it gets triggered either way, and only have the flag affect the other module.

But even if it is a bug, there isn't going to be any further development of AHP, as the source code was lost in the transfer of the assets to Authinx. So the only options you have at this point would be to try and work around the problem, unfortunately.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2018, 10:25:29 AM »

I used a test case to try and narrow down the problem without complicating the issues by including the other stuff in my original main program.  I believe the test case has demonstrated there is a bug in AHP related to simultaneous timer triggering and conditional(s) in a related macro (unless my install of AHP has been corrupted in some weird way or my CM15A is screwed up somehow). 

The test program in any case takes only a minute to recreate and I wish someone would try it on their PC & CM15A to see if they get the same result.
If you cleared your CM15 Memory and loaded your test AHX file and it fails the issue is not your original AHX file. IF it works then the issue is your original AHX file.
I don't have AHP here to test but as Noam stated you may have to find a work around using else's.

Sadly any chances of AHP bugs being fixed are slim to none. :(

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

LAF

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2018, 02:47:08 PM »

Tried playing with the "else" option but the macro would not get past it either.  I set up an intermediate macro (with a timer only) that called the main macro and that worked.  However the easiest work-around is simply not setting the two timers to the same value (one minute apart either way works).

I'd still like to know though if the problem can be duplicated on someone else's set-up.

It's a shame the source code was apparently lost - wasn't it backed up anywhere for f sake when the servers were moved??  I guess not....   :o  :(
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.