Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WM100 needs time re-sync after change to Standard Time  (Read 2331 times)

Dave Mc

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
WM100 needs time re-sync after change to Standard Time
« on: November 04, 2018, 09:56:45 AM »

My Dawn Timer fired an hour early today due to the time change from daylight to standard time.  When I opened the WM100 app it gave a warning that there was a difference between the app time and hub time and asked if I want to re-sync the time.  I pressed yes and should be good to go.

nelson

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: WM100 needs time re-sync after change to Standard Time
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 02:23:11 PM »

My Dawn Timer fired an hour early today due to the time change from daylight to standard time.  When I opened the WM100 app it gave a warning that there was a difference between the app time and hub time and asked if I want to re-sync the time.  I pressed yes and should be good to go.

Thanks for the heads-up.

SkipWX10

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 08:03:58 PM »

I had the same when I first opened the app today...call me crazy, but it seems this should be pretty simple to write into the unit, seeing as my CM15a handled it like a champ....but then the WM100 needs to be synced after a power outage, so I guess I expect too much.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 07:36:43 AM »

I'm less impressed very day by the developers skills  and this app . I never got a notification my apps time was out of sync so I clicked on sunc time and after I did the sync I got a out of sync message. Comparing time they were exactly 1 hour off. >*<
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 09:19:53 AM »

Does the WM100 possess an RTC.

I would have presumed the WM100 would poll the servers on a regular basis so the need to manually resync timers seems a little odd.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 09:21:14 AM »

I'm less impressed very day by the developers skills  and this app . I never got a notification my apps time was out of sync so I clicked on sunc time and after I did the sync I got a out of sync message. Comparing time they were exactly 1 hour off. >*<

Yet another reason to abandon the WM100, unfortunately. It seems that the unit cannot be relied upon for much. It is a glorified remote - when the server is up and running.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 09:22:54 AM »

I would have presumed the WM100 would poll the servers on a regular basis so the need to manually resync timers seems a little odd.
It can maintain the time once set - as long as it has power. It does not have a battery-backed RTC, nor can it pull time from the Internet. It can *only* sync time to a device running the app, and only then it is a manually-triggered procedure.

m82a1pa

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 10:23:57 AM »

I guess they should have added auto time resync to the firmware.  I've got nixie clocks that change time on DST.  Even my PC's do that when powered up.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 10:26:59 AM »

It can maintain the time once set - as long as it has power. It does not have a battery-backed RTC, nor can it pull time from the Internet. It can *only* sync time to a device running the app, and only then it is a manually-triggered procedure.

Sounds like its easier to tell us what it can do rather than what it can't do. The list would would be far shorter.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2018, 11:30:58 AM »

rofl  at this stage of the game the advertised options should be working but there not.  ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.