📱X10 WIFI > 🏥Help & Trouble shooting

WM100 snooping

(1/4) > >>

ceedee:
I am assuming that the WM100 continuously watches for unit codes so that it can update its on/off table.  Is this correct?

I ask because I am trying to debug an exterior flood, connected to a wall switch, that just started coming on at random times.  When I see the light on, I check the WM100, and the random "on" status is never captured in the log.  However, when I turn ithe flood on/off from an app, or palmpad, or the wall switch itself, the WM100 captures the action correctly.

So it appears that there may be transmissions that the WM100 doesn’t see,  but that doesn’t make sense.

brobin:
Assuming there's no motion detector on the flood lights what kind of bulbs and which model switch do you have?

ceedee:

--- Quote from: brobin on October 06, 2018, 09:53:20 PM ---Assuming there's no motion detector on the flood lights what kind of bulbs and which model switch do you have?

--- End quote ---
WS467. No motion detection.  Two incandescent floods. I’ve had this switch installed for over 10 years, with no issues.  I have no problem if it’s failing, but surprised that the WM is missing the ON command.  Weird!

JeffVolp:

--- Quote from: ceedee on October 06, 2018, 10:06:23 PM ---I’ve had this switch installed for over 10 years, with no issues.  I have no problem if it’s failing, but surprised that the WM is missing the ON command.  Weird!
--- End quote ---

The ON command is missing because it is likely that powerline noise is causing the switch to turn on, not an actual X10 command.

Jeff

brobin:
I could be wrong but from long ago I seem to remember that failing bulbs could cause problems like this. Maybe a loose filament causing local control activation.  You might try a new pair and/or different brand of bulbs in that fixture to eliminate them from consideration.  Is the Housecode M?  Being all 0's that one is the most prone to false activity.  Any new phone chargers plugged in or other new electronics?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version