Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Your X10 Setup-What do you have-what do you need  (Read 4394 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Your X10 Setup-What do you have-what do you need
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2018, 08:26:28 PM »

….. Personally I wouldnt have any need for an enhanced version of the WM100. Any facilities it currently offers or is likely to offer is easily achievable with a single board computer, the relevant software and an X10 controller like the CM15a or the CM19a.

The really great part about the [phone] app controlled (cloud integrated) devices (like the WM100 COULD become) are the two-way communication. You can get automated alerts and notices for security, water/leak detection, temperature warnings, motion sensing, etc.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2018, 09:23:45 PM »

….. Personally I wouldnt have any need for an enhanced version of the WM100. Any facilities it currently offers or is likely to offer is easily achievable with a single board computer, the relevant software and an X10 controller like the CM15a or the CM19a.

The really great part about the [phone] app controlled (cloud integrated) devices (like the WM100 COULD become) are the two-way communication. You can get automated alerts and notices for security, water/leak detection, temperature warnings, motion sensing, etc.
But as petera says he can do all that now with a SBC and a X10 CM module.
The only benefit of  a enhanced WM100 for me would be the lower power draw as I too can do all that with my CM15/SBC setup.
The WM100 has a long way to go to catch up with what I can currently do or possibly want to do..
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

arizona480

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2018, 12:40:30 AM »

It will see all X10 RF signals you teach it so if your Security console is X10 then Yes!.
If it is another brand it is doubtful, but maybe.
Setting up the security codes does take a bit as the learning RF range is short so it may take a few attempts. Also it depends on the firmware the Broadlink comes with. Some firmware will not auto find the newest and you need to request the newest version.

I got Arm/Disarm, Arm Home, and Arm Away Delay to work on the Broadlink.

I Can't get the Security Lights on or Off to work, any ideas?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2018, 08:20:15 AM »

Usually people have a problem learning security arm/disarm/panic not standard X10 on, off, AllLightsOn……..

What house code is your security console set to? have you tried a different remote like a palm pad or just the security key flob?
I used a Plampad to learn standard lights and modules.
There also are some house codes endusers have shared which you can download to the e-Control App.
 I even uploaded a few.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

lviper

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 10
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2018, 09:22:50 AM »

I got Arm/Disarm, Arm Home, and Arm Away Delay to work on the Broadlink.

I Can't get the Security Lights on or Off to work, any ideas?

As Tuicemen said, usually learning arm/disarm is the hard part. When I did lights it worked the first time. But I have realized it's far easier to use a SH624 over the KR10A. The SH624 will continuously send commands while the button is pressed. The KR10A did not. Also, put the remote on the top of the broadlink. Actually rest it on top of the unit while pressing the button. I also had luck holding the remote to the bottom of the unit.

arizona480

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2018, 02:26:17 PM »

I aimed right at the unit for the lights on/lights off, it would always recognize the frequency, but I had issues completing the process, this time when it said to tap the the remote, I held the bottom down then tapped it.  I got the lights (on/off)to work now, thanks!

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2018, 04:20:56 PM »

I aimed right at the unit for the lights on/lights off, it would always recognize the frequency, but I had issues completing the process, this time when it said to tap the the remote, I held the bottom down then tapped it.  I got the lights (on/off)to work now, thanks!

How's the battery health of your remote. Classic low battery symptoms.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2018, 06:11:27 PM »

TheRF  learning range of the Broadlink is inches  not feet. Aiming doesn't help here closeness does however weak batteries will reduce the learning range even more.
Also a security flob remote isn't what should be used for learning though it will work with enough playing around.
Glad to see you have your lights now learned.
IR learning like for your TV does require aiming but the learning range for IR seems to be a bit further.
 :)%
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

arizona480

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2018, 01:12:28 PM »

How's the battery health of your remote. Classic low battery symptoms.

Could be, haven't changed it in a really long time.

BTW, the Broadlink I guess needs to be oriented with the power cord directly to the rear, I had it off to the side with the lights facing the front and was not having consistent RF signals being sent.  Which is strange as you would figure that would fix an IR issue, not with RF.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2018, 01:22:30 PM »

I have both my Broadlinks hanging on the wall with the power cord hanging down but away from the unit.
I did this for the best IR signal not for RF but I suspect it helps RF being higher.
Never did test with the power cord placed any other way good find.  >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

arizona480

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2018, 02:59:00 PM »

The Broadlink has been working great! I did get the Panic button to work as well, even though I would never use it, it's nice to have all of the original remote functions available.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmJ1OdslMdWQsOkpZZR0H46ae9w3Cg
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.