💬General Category > General Discussion

X10 on the Raspberry Pi- Is it of interest to you

(1/11) > >>

petera:
Just wondering if a poll could be set up on this area of the forum as I imagine it is probably a well read area. I believe approximately ten active users have expressed an interest in this subject but it would be nice to get a more accurate figure.

I imagine a lot of users don't even visit the Raspberry Pi area of the forum.

Knightrider:
I added one.

petera:

--- Quote from: Knightrider on October 12, 2018, 07:31:33 AM ---I added one.

--- End quote ---

Thanks.

It's had 18 reads and two votes so far. The suspense is killing me  rofl

petera:
I’m thinking the CM19a and a plug in transceiver to cover rf and pl might be the way forward X10 hardware wise. Probably the Raspberry Pi Zero WH to keep the footprint as small as possible.

If anyone has other suggestions just fire away.

Now all we need is to agree on is the software platform to run all this. Plenty to choose from so any suggestions more than welcome.

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: petera on October 11, 2018, 06:42:01 PM ---I imagine a lot of users don't even visit the Raspberry Pi area of the forum.

--- End quote ---

Years ago.... their were other Linux user groups here... and at other Home Automation forums.

It was well understood at the time.... that the Linux members were really Linux hobbyist… not Home Automation hobbyist. But from time-to-time the Linux guys would have X10 user issues which we would do our best to help with.

Most Linux/Pi users will go to their Linux/Pi Web Sites with setup problems and questions. Which... of course... makes perfect sense. Until the Pi set-up goes main stream (like Home Automation has) you may not attract the attention you'd like (and that the Pi units deserve). If you want to popularize the Pi units with X10... you have to remove the "hobby" factor. Stop teaching Pi/Linux/Raspbian/alternate OS's, etc..

Get a "WORKING" set-up! Something that we can use..... not a new hobby we can take-up in the middle of yard-work season. Just... MHO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version