Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: installing helper programs to pi for X10 integration  (Read 17486 times)

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Re: installing helper programs to pi for X10 integration
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2018, 06:18:15 PM »

not sure why my description does not make it clear, but I cannot get any more vanilla that installing on a plain stretch lite image...

I cannot add the -w1 wait into each command sent as I am not the one generating the commands.  Except when I do it from the command line.  So to add it at control line is of no value to a 'real' app I think...

Actually I maintained  mochad functionality by USING the remote...   it worked all the time.  it stopped working when using mochad to SEND the command AND that did not even work - even the first time!

How do I test "remove your X10 sensors from your setup?"  I do not understand this since I have a vanilla stretch lite with only mochad installed.  no "x10 sensors" involved...

I will revert again to older mochad...  Since 1.17 has been reported to "lock up," I will give them benefit of the doubt, that the programmer knows it locks up and could not fix that.  It is said ver 1.16 does not lock up - but ITS problem is reported to be not working consistently with udev so therefore not keeping mochad even running...   Screwed if you do, screwed if you don't.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 06:20:47 PM by mike »

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2018, 09:46:38 PM »

Direct quote from another user of Mochad suffering similar symptoms.......

I had this same issue and believe I found a workaround: You must turn off the CM15A setting for transcieving of RF to PL signals using ActiveHomePro, per the offical instructions. Once I did that, the Mochad lockups ceased.
Per the instructions: NOTE: CM15A macros and timers are NOT supported. For best results, use AHP (ActiveHome Pro) to clear interface memory and disable the internal RF to PL repeater. This ensures the CM15A behaves like a transceiver.

Can you confirm that you have cleared the interface AND disabled the internal RF to PL repeater in the CM15 using AHP

The sensors I refer to are the MS19a the PMS03 and such like RF sensors. Just take the batteries out of them so they are not transmitting RF X10 signals. Again trying to do a step by step troubleshoot.

The remotes have been known to cause issues too. Work a couple of times then lockup.

I assume your permissions for running Mochad are correct too. I used markvriens.com link to install and can confirm it works. Try that source as well.

mike

« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2018, 07:53:53 AM »

Direct quote from another user of Mochad suffering similar symptoms.......

1) Can you confirm that you have cleared the interface AND disabled the internal RF to PL repeater in the CM15 using AHP

2) The sensors I refer to are the MS19a the PMS03 and such like RF sensors. Just take the batteries out of them so they are not transmitting RF X10 signals. Again trying to do a step by step troubleshoot.

3) The remotes have been known to cause issues too. Work a couple of times then lockup.

4) I assume your permissions for running Mochad are correct too. I used markvriens.com link to install and can confirm it works. Try that source as well.

thanks again.   FYI:

1) confirmed.   done many times to be sure...
2) too many to remove batts then go reprogram.  If mochad does not work with motion sensors without locking up it is of no value to me. 
3) If mochad does not work with remotes without locking up it is of no value to me.
4) no clue about permissions;  I use sudo when told to during install and follow the install steps to the letter.  markvreins steps are same as I use.  mochad-0.1.1x directory shows owned by pi not root.  rights for each file and directory set by the installation not me.

tried last night remotely via SSH to install 1.16...  not being at pi I could not unplug the cm15 then install then plug back in...   when testing with systemctl command it reports there is no mochad.service file.  Since I never had THAT error before, I must assume it is because the cm15 must be unplugged until AFTER installation...  since I did NOT follow steps exactly I will not judge mochad for this fault - yet.

Re-trying ver 1.16 today...

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2018, 09:19:21 AM »

Mike a snapshot from the Sourceforge page. Pay particular attention to the reference to rftopl 0. That command is similar to clearing the CM15 of house codes

By default, received RF X10 commands are repeated on the PL interface for all
house codes. This can be changed using the rftopl command (RF to PL repeater).

rftopl *    -- enable all house codes (default)
    rftopl abc  -- enable for house codes A, B, and C. Disable for all others.
    rftopl 0    -- disable for all house codes. This is useful if more than
                    one CM15A is in use. Leaving both enabled will result in
                    PL collisions and redundant commands.

Full details here https://sourceforge.net/projects/mochad/files/?source=navbar

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2018, 09:31:23 AM »

I have installed Mochad a couple of times via ssh and not unplugged the cm15 on a reboot mochad seen the cm15.

Mochad was originally created to work with RF however I'm not sure it was envisioned to be used with both. Since having the cm15 set to transceive mochad would see the RF signal received as well as the PLC sent which if not coded for would cause lock ups which may be what is happening.
This may be why I never had issue with it as I never used a RF remote (other then a security flob) I only used it for receiving Security RF which there is no PLC equivalent.
I however use PLC remotes extensively in my city residents so a setup requiring mochad will never work for me there.

I'm wondering if other that use X10 remotes and mochad how do they have it setup?
Maybe that is why the other mochad for RF send (can't remember its name) was created. This may be what you need to install for Domoticz if possible. ::)
Having to need an extra x10 program for RF set up a HA program is what turned me away from one of the software possibilities.(also don't remember its name) ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2018, 09:39:43 AM »

Actually once I got it working I was going to issue rftopl 0 command since I do have my AHP running my other cm15 for daily use until I can get a pi reliable...  the only issue this seems to be bring is each command is repeated 2-3 times - NOT my issue.

1.16 ver:  I just unplugged cm15 and tried systemctl command on pi:  still it errors saying no mochad.service...  So rebooted with cm15 unplugged:  same not found.

So just issued the install commands on it again wtih cm15 unplugged:
./configure
    make
    sudo make install
Still missing mochad.service...

And this is on a fresh imaged streatch lite....

mike

« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2018, 09:48:45 AM »

I have installed Mochad a couple of times via ssh and not unplugged the cm15 on a reboot mochad seen the cm15.

Mochad was originally created to work with RF however I'm not sure it was envisioned to be used with both. Since having the cm15 set to transceive mochad would see the RF signal received as well as the PLC sent which if not coded for would cause lock ups which may be what is happening.
This may be why I never had issue with it as I never used a RF remote (other then a security flob) I only used it for receiving Security RF which there is no PLC equivalent.
I however use PLC remotes extensively in my city residents so a setup requiring mochad will never work for me there.

I'm wondering if other that use X10 remotes and mochad how do they have it setup?
Maybe that is why the other mochad for RF send (can't remember its name) was created. This may be what you need to install for Domoticz if possible. ::)
Having to need an extra x10 program for RF set up a HA program is what turned me away from one of the software possibilities.(also don't remember its name) ::) :'

All good points...  tnx for confirmation leaving cm15 plugged in does not break the install.
perhaps the issue is mochad locks up due to receiving too much info too fast?  sorta maybe related to the rf comment above...   

I think I will go back to ver 1.17 and turn off my other cm15 (ie., rftopl 0) FIRST...  that way its duplicate repeat back of mochad command will not happen...   see what happens... 

btw, THIS cm15 does NOT have repeat/transceiver turned on...   but...  maybe since the other one on my system DOES, that is equivelant?  I also have my XTBR repeating all over the place & my V572RF32 picking up all RF and putting it on the PL...   so maybe I need to give mochad a chance with rftopl 0 one time...  IF that solves the lock ups, then it proves to me mochad cannot be used in my environment at all.  Without my repeats and receivers I could not handle this 1/4 acre 3 separate buildings (including 1  30'x60' STEEL pole barn) that was hard to get x10 sigs into. 

the other program is huwey o- domoticz has an install page for it, but my understanding on it was it is cm19 only - ie., serial not usb ?  may need to relook before coming over to the dark side & joining your hub...

This may become clear as mud today...

mike

« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2018, 10:02:13 AM »

tuicemen,  thanks again for your info on reserving DCHP IP for certain devices...  like broadlink RM2...

I finally bought a router that has this feature and am implementing it.

This IQrouter is a rebranded TPlink unit but with custom code that is said to speed up internet traffic a lot by optimizing stuff;  our DSL sometimes has latency of 300msec!  This router is said to reduce that by potentially 30x...   we will see. 

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2018, 11:10:42 AM »

I think you'll find the ip reservations will solve the broadlink ip issue it did for both mine.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2018, 12:41:21 PM »

Mike, are you saying you have two CM15s running on the same LAN. Are they running on the same power leg too.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2018, 01:15:18 PM »

Mike it might be worth listing out exactly what X10 hardware and software you are using at the same site. If I'm reading things right now you have two CM15s one hooked up to Pi/Mochad and one hooked up to AHP. On top of this you have a signal amplifier and I assume an X10 security panel broadcasting and receiving signals.

To effectively troubleshoot your Mochad issues you really need to isolate Mochad away from that setup. AHP I imagine will be the dominant in your current setup and it may well be the root of your problem.

My troubleshooting pointers were purely based on Mochad/Pi being the only controller in your setup. I was aware from earlier posts that you had an X10 security panel. Not being an owner or user of one of these panels I assume standard X10 sensors are not interchangeable with security X10 sensors. Again I cannot comment on what effect these could possibly have on your setup.

All I can say is that with Lamp Modules and Appliance Modules Mochad is working fine here.

mike

« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2018, 02:18:33 PM »

I was going to turn everything else off with the rftopl 0 command at some future point anyway but it seems maybe I need to do that right now so my pi cm15 does not see any of this other activity. 

Yes, I blast the line with XTBR putting IIRC 8Vpeak x10sigs on BOTH phases anytime either phase has a sig it can hear.  And my V572 antenna is up 30 ft in air and thus cathes all x10 around and puts that on the PL.  And my AHP cm15 is very active handling it all 24/7...

I will start fresh again with 1.17 as soon as I get clear of customer troubleshooting phone calls!  Dang aerospace customers don't like to wait to get their big machines back running ASAP!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2018, 02:40:52 PM »

I was going to turn everything else off with the rftopl 0 command at some future point anyway but it seems maybe I need to do that right now so my pi cm15 does not see any of this other activity. 

Yes, I blast the line with XTBR putting IIRC 8Vpeak x10sigs on BOTH phases anytime either phase has a sig it can hear.  And my V572 antenna is up 30 ft in air and thus cathes all x10 around and puts that on the PL.  And my AHP cm15 is very active handling it all 24/7...

I will start fresh again with 1.17 as soon as I get clear of customer troubleshooting phone calls!  Dang aerospace customers don't like to wait to get their big machines back running ASAP!
Two CM15As and a XTBR, :o I'm surprised you got 3 mins before a lockup.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2018, 07:31:34 PM »

I put 1.17 on new SD with nothing but stretch lite.  used normal step by step, installed lib, then mochad.  nothing else.

systemctl showed no cm15; plugged in and it found t right away.  sent rftopl 0 right away.  watched nc 1099 show it go, then next commands i sent go.  None of my rf or pl stuff showed up so rftopl did stop them.  pretty boring to have it not be able to see any pl activity - not sure what good that is in a HA system., but ok...  turned on B house code (rftopl b);  it saw a couple b codes I sent.  left for 10 minutes, back and it was locked up solid again.

enough.  so since it seems to be the only x10 interface for cm15 to domoticz, domoticz is thru here.

I am making a new plain stretch lite image card for next attempts.  Guess I will come back to HG and try it - x10 interface seemed solid in it and the kluge habridge was always rock solid - I think it still is running on my main pc.

Does your hub offer a head start image or should I just start with fresh HG download?

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2018, 05:45:01 AM »

Just follow Tuicemen original install instructions for HG and the Bridge. The image is being worked on at the moment. When you have HG and the Bridge downloaded you can join in with testing and your suggestions. Everyone will have plenty to do.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.