💬General Category > General Discussion

X10 user unite!

(1/8) > >>

Tuicemen:
My inquiries to Authinx always get the "we can't develop for the power user. there just isn't the demand to make any money"
My original thought was anyone that has X10 still in operation was an average user and wanting more from it didn't make you a power user but I guess I'm wrong.
I'm being grouped as a X10 Power user.

I asked about a Cm15 Upgrade since most of the X10 line has got a update with more powerful PLC quiet, relays..... but the CM15 has not seen anything in line of an improvement.
True this relies on software to get the most out of it and the AHP software is not going anywhere but an Updated CM15 may get someone interested in reverse enginering it.

Thankfully there are other softwares to utilize this module but it needs upgrading supplying more power for todays modern world. I don't believe anything like WI-FI needs to be added though that would be nice.

As long as Authinx sees their customer base as not including Power Users, X10 is dead.

Tell Authinx you demand more and You are a power user!

dhouston:

--- Quote from: Tuicemen on October 18, 2018, 03:52:57 PM --- ...an Updated CM15 may get someone interested in reverse enginering it.

--- End quote ---
The current design has converted most of the logic (i.e. MCU) and RF components to SMD which makes reverse engineering problematic. The MCU requires an expensive (if even still available) package for programming it. I had designed a replacement for the older thru-hole MCU but shelved it when they went SMD. In addition, I think more PLC oomph is needed.

Methinks the best approach is an ESP8266 module (e.g. WeMos D1 Mini) with add-ons (i.e. shields) for RTC, RF RX/TX, etc. that can interface with the serial port of a CM11A or XTB-232 (best). It can act as a web-server, allowing any browser to interact with it, eliminating the need for Apps, etc.

Tuicemen:
The CM11 is discontinued so it would have to be a modified XTB-232 or something simular.
Besides I'd want something with PLC punch!
The problem is getting it produced, average users aren't looking for a DIY project, and very few power users are willing to do it either. Authinx may produce it, if we could show them there are more power users then they currently think.

dhouston:

--- Quote from: Tuicemen on October 18, 2018, 05:03:00 PM ---The CM11 is discontinued...

--- End quote ---
It's still available here...
https://thex10shop.com/products/x10-genuine-cm11a-activehome-serial-computer-interface-pre-cm15a

I don't recall how many he told me he has but, IIRC, it was in the hundreds. 

Tuicemen:
Yes, I realize you can still find them but this is old tech! You might find half a dozen users willing to buy one then do the DIY project to upgrade it and still have a low powered PLC signal but that's probably a high figure.

I know the factory Authinx uses no loger has the tooling for that module. So if a factory has to retool for a module it might as well be something new that has PLC Punch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version