📱X10 WIFI > 🏥Help & Trouble shooting

WS467 light switch works manually but is not responding to X10 commands

(1/3) > >>

mikeythemars:
Just installed a WS467 soft start light switch. It  operates properly when manually turned on or off, but is not responding to any X10 commands sent to it (on /off or dimming}.  I have triple checked the house and unit code settings on the switch and they are correct.  Has anyone else had an issue with these switches functioning manually but not remotely?

JeffVolp:
Is it controlling a LED or CFL bulb?  If so that is likely the problem.

The WS467 uses the low-resistance tungsten filament in an incandescent bulb to provide the path for signal return and switch power.  Nether LED nor CFL lights can provide that path.  I hope X10 will begin manufacturing a LED Shunt in the near future to provide the necessary path.

Jeff

Brian H:
If you are using LED bulbs.
You may want to try a test. Replace the LED bulb with an incandescent bulb and see if the WS467 acts better. If the WS467 is controlling more than on LED bulb. Sometimes changing one to incandescent helps.

Tucson:
I agree with Brian H recommendation. If it works and you are using LED bulbs I have found some brands work better than others. I have had better luck with Cree.

arizona480:
I've had an Ecosmart Par 30 LED in my dining room light for about 6 years, it responds well to the X10 commands.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version