Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Single Gang Box with two switches  (Read 6344 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Single Gang Box with two switches
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2019, 01:25:25 PM »

The original 2242-222 HUB supported X10.
The presently sold 2245-222 HUB does not officially support X10. I have not seen anyone saying they used it with X10.

For HG to do Insteon. I suspect it would have to be used with a 2413S/U PLM or a HUB. To get Insteon messages processed and a Link Database of addresses to control it. I was poking around the HG web site and did see an Insteon 2413U/2413S PLM driver. Not too sure if it was a third party driver or how it maybe used.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 02:10:08 PM by Brian H »

LostDog88

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2019, 02:50:29 PM »

The original 2242-222 HUB supported X10.
The presently sold 2245-222 HUB does not officially support X10. I have not seen anyone saying they used it with X10.

For HG to do Insteon. I suspect it would have to be used with a 2413S/U PLM or a HUB. To get Insteon messages processed and a Link Database of addresses to control it. I was poking around the HG web site and did see an Insteon 2413U/2413S PLM driver. Not too sure if it was a third party driver or how it maybe used.
Do I just need the 222 hub, power cord, and ethernet cable? Will this allow me to link those buttons on the keypad to the X10 address of the fan module? I want to buy all this at once and solve this issue.

thank you for the help.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2019, 04:13:06 PM »

Insteon support in my Home Genie program would be a solution to all this!!

I wish.....I wish.......I wish............

;D -:) :' rofl :)%
When you wish... https://genielabs.github.io/HomeGenie/api/mig/mig_api_insteon.html

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2019, 07:45:31 AM »

I found a comparison chart on an automation web site. Between the original 2242-222 HUB and the presently sold 2245-222.
It said the 2245-222 did not support X10 only the original 2242-222.

I know the HUB has basic functions and has limited features. Like no conditional programming. It also is accessed and programed through the Cloud and a smartphone APP.

You may get more information in the Insteon and Smarthome Forums.
https://forum.insteon.com/
https://forum.smarthome.com/default.asp

I see brobin gave you the link to HG Insteon API. That I had seen but neglected to share the link.  B:(
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 01:34:49 PM by Brian H »

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2019, 08:06:29 PM »

About 30 minutes before having to leave for the airport yesterday the incandescent recessed lights in a hallway started flickering & flashing on and off.  B:(  Those lights (two 65w bulbs) are controlled by button 1 (internal dimmer) on a 2486D Keypadlinc. Pressing the button on or off made no difference, only pulling the airgap tab at the bottom would stop it. The other buttons that only send X10 signals worked fine. Normally I'd have just left it that way till I returned but there was a showing scheduled for today so I decided to quickly replace it with a spare. The replacement part took all of 5 minutes but then I had to program it. It took a couple of tries but pressing the button to be programmed and then pressing and holding the airgap tab for a few seconds produced the beep and flashing button.  Sending the desired code (M2-On) three times programmed the button to M2 and all is well. I even had time to program the other buttons. You have to be careful not to send the three codes too quickly or too slowly. So that confirms the correct method. This is the second time in 11 years that I've had to replace that keypad. Lucky I had spares.  :'

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2019, 06:14:17 AM »

It does sound like Murphy hit at the poorest time. I am glad you had a few spares and programming was fairly uneventful. My spares box also has a few extras.  ;D

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2019, 09:44:34 AM »

... the incandescent recessed lights in a hallway started flickering & flashing on and off.  B:(  Those lights (two 65w bulbs) are controlled by button 1 (internal dimmer) on a 2486D Keypadlinc. ...

I had a similar thing happen to me, with lights controlled by an older pre-insteon SmartHome ToggleLinc dimmer. I went to turn it on, and they just started to strobe. And the air gap was the only way to stop it - but as soon as I pushed it back in, they started strobing again. Since I have *never* (in the 12 years since we added those lights) needed to control them using X10 - or even dim them, I just replaced the bad switch with a standard toggle (dumb) toggle switch.

I suspect that it was a failed capacitor, as I've had a number of other capacitors fail in the Smarthome switches over the years (I've repaired two or three Insteon Togglelink relay switches so far, with others in the box, waiting for me to have time to fix them). I also had an older (pre-insteon) Togglelinc switch that had failed a few years earlier. I don't think I ever bothered to open that one up to diagnose it, since it was being used in conjunction with a companion switch, and both got swapped out for Insteon relay switches.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2019, 11:27:02 AM »

I am getting good at changing the capacitors in the 2413S/U PLM and revision 2 2443 Access Points.
They have a switching supply and questionable capacitors being low ESR.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 07:20:41 PM by Brian H »
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.