Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: @SolarTimes_Sunset  (Read 1736 times)

LostDog88

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
@SolarTimes_Sunset
« on: November 04, 2018, 08:40:14 PM »

Today was the first day of Daylight Savings.

My lights came on an hour late.

I am using the built in program that is inside Home Genie.

My clock is right, my other tools show that 4:47P should have been sunset. Yet the lights did not come on until 5:47P.

Does this module not update for Daylight Savings?

LostDog88

Re: @SolarTimes_Sunset
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 08:18:06 AM »

Doesn't seem to matter any longer.

Just checked tonights scheduler and it is set for exactly the right time.

Was just one day off.............

Weird.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 09:26:07 AM »

Are you running HomeGenie. If so post in the Pi Hub section so your post doesn't get lost. Also we would like it if you could share your experience running HomeGenie with others.

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 02:05:35 PM »

I'm just guessing here, but it may depend on when HG runs the update for sunrise and sunset.  If it happens at midnight and daylight savings time changes at 2AM, that might be related.  We lost power over the weekend and my RPi turned itself off so I didn't have to worry about the time change this season.   B:(

FWIW, the RPi turning itself off was something I did in some code to prevent losing my SD card.  This will not affect anyone else so don't be afraid of my dumb setting.   8)

LostDog88

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 10:07:43 AM »

Are you running HomeGenie. If so post in the Pi Hub section so your post doesn't get lost. Also we would like it if you could share your experience running HomeGenie with others.

I am running HomeGenie. And I do love it. It has some quirky limitations in my opinion, but overall it and X10 do what I need it to do to get what I want done.

Currently I am running an older 2.2G laptop that I put Linux Mint on it and run my tv off of the same laptop. I plan (once we remodel the theater room) to move that to another (very) older box and put Linux Mint on it and dedicate it to home automation. That way the TV server is only running TV apps and nothing else.

Overall, I get done what I need to get done with X10. As stated above there are some weird things that don't work like I think they should, but I am excited to finish the hardware stuff and sit back and enjoy the HA.

My wife states her favorite part is coming home and the lights are on for her. Pushing a button and the inside lights pop on for her. She says the best part is knowing the lights were not on all day burning up electricity and are only on when she needs them. So that is a plus! LOL

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 02:47:42 PM »

That's great. Could you share those experiences in the Raspberry Pi section as the Linux experience will be of great value to others.

LostDog88

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 10:05:38 AM »

Petera:
I looked and am not sure where you want me to share these experiences.
I don't use a Pi. It is a laptop that I installed Cinnamon on following Tuiceman's instructions.

I am guessing you are pointing me to this group:
X10 Community Forum > General Category > Mac/Linux & Open Source and the X10 Home > Raspberry Pi, Arduino & other SBC

Sorry for seeming slow on this, I promise you I'm not slow, it just takes a minute!! LOL

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.