🖥️ActiveHome Pro > Help & Troubleshooting

Module Status wont update

(1/4) > >>

sniickers:
Hello been using X10 since the late 90's. Not as long as some others. But I have enjoyed its use. I finally registered here to ask this question. I have mainly stayed on Tuicemen forums throughout the years. But my problem seems specific to ActiveHome Pro. I have the 3.318 version on a Windows 10 64bit PC. AHP is in its own folder on the C drive. I from time to time get an interface issue where AHP is showing switches on or off that have not been triggered to reflect that. When I go to turn on or off the module, the switch will move. But the light status wont change. The device will respond, but again AHP wont update to show the device turned on or off. I generally close then restart AHP. This is an issue had from time to time throughout the years even on my Win XP PC. I also use Tuicemen software. PCC and Smart cloud. I have had some issues lately with smart cloud not loading when my pc starts or disappearing from my taskbar but show up in task mgr as running even though my GH says sometimes it cant connect. But ill save that issue for his forum. But I do end the pcc and sc tasks to see if it alleviates the issue. But it still occurs. I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere, I honestly searched thoroughly for an answer with no success. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Tuicemen:
Since your using multi programs that use X10nets have you tried just running AHP and no additional HA programs to see if you still experience the issue?

sniickers:
Hey thanks for the reply Tuicemen! Yes I did try and stopping all other programs. I try for a couple of hours once for a day or two. I dont seem to get an issue. But this issue happens randomly. So I am not for sure. I know we talked in the past about when I had my AP on Win XP that I should move everything over to PCC. But I also have door and window sensors setup triggerring emails through pcc and macros that get a little complicated. But here is the crazy part eventually every thing work perfect. I even was able to delete previous macros to send a rf command when triggerd by AHP because there was modules i couldnt control by powerline from my cm15a. One day I was able to use AHP powerline commands to control everything. But since I switch to my Win 10 pc I am back to where i was before where I am not able to control powerline modules in the next room from the cm15a. So now I am back to seperate RF macros trigger by powerline triggers. And the location or position of the cm15a never changed. :(

Tuicemen:
Your new PC may be acting as a signal sucker if on the same circuit as the CM15A.

I've started to move my HA setup to a Pi in fact all my x10 is now controlled via either a Pi (running Home Genie) or the WM100.
And the WM100 is used more by my wife as the Pi does any thing it will.
You may wish to also look at moving away from AHP and a PC and to a small inexpensive Pi zero W. I have more HA funtonability with my PI then I ever did with my PC. I do miss my Kate16 voice from PCC but Alexa has replaced it.

sniickers:
Uh, that was a lot to take in. I have always thought of Ras PI as something i need someday. But I honestly have no idea how to use let along setup one. Ive never heard of Home Genie before. But could I use it instead of AHP to run macros triggered by various door and window sensors and send out alert emails based off of that and also integrate with Google home?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version