Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Module Status wont update  (Read 4051 times)

sniickers

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Module Status wont update
« on: November 21, 2018, 07:16:18 PM »

Hello been using X10 since the late 90's. Not as long as some others. But I have enjoyed its use. I finally registered here to ask this question. I have mainly stayed on Tuicemen forums throughout the years. But my problem seems specific to ActiveHome Pro. I have the 3.318 version on a Windows 10 64bit PC. AHP is in its own folder on the C drive. I from time to time get an interface issue where AHP is showing switches on or off that have not been triggered to reflect that. When I go to turn on or off the module, the switch will move. But the light status wont change. The device will respond, but again AHP wont update to show the device turned on or off. I generally close then restart AHP. This is an issue had from time to time throughout the years even on my Win XP PC. I also use Tuicemen software. PCC and Smart cloud. I have had some issues lately with smart cloud not loading when my pc starts or disappearing from my taskbar but show up in task mgr as running even though my GH says sometimes it cant connect. But ill save that issue for his forum. But I do end the pcc and sc tasks to see if it alleviates the issue. But it still occurs. I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere, I honestly searched thoroughly for an answer with no success. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Module Status wont update
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 07:58:49 PM »

Since your using multi programs that use X10nets have you tried just running AHP and no additional HA programs to see if you still experience the issue?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

sniickers

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 08:28:08 PM »

Hey thanks for the reply Tuicemen! Yes I did try and stopping all other programs. I try for a couple of hours once for a day or two. I dont seem to get an issue. But this issue happens randomly. So I am not for sure. I know we talked in the past about when I had my AP on Win XP that I should move everything over to PCC. But I also have door and window sensors setup triggerring emails through pcc and macros that get a little complicated. But here is the crazy part eventually every thing work perfect. I even was able to delete previous macros to send a rf command when triggerd by AHP because there was modules i couldnt control by powerline from my cm15a. One day I was able to use AHP powerline commands to control everything. But since I switch to my Win 10 pc I am back to where i was before where I am not able to control powerline modules in the next room from the cm15a. So now I am back to seperate RF macros trigger by powerline triggers. And the location or position of the cm15a never changed. :(

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 07:19:47 AM »

Your new PC may be acting as a signal sucker if on the same circuit as the CM15A.

I've started to move my HA setup to a Pi in fact all my x10 is now controlled via either a Pi (running Home Genie) or the WM100.
And the WM100 is used more by my wife as the Pi does any thing it will.
You may wish to also look at moving away from AHP and a PC and to a small inexpensive Pi zero W. I have more HA funtonability with my PI then I ever did with my PC. I do miss my Kate16 voice from PCC but Alexa has replaced it.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

sniickers

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 07:31:49 PM »

Uh, that was a lot to take in. I have always thought of Ras PI as something i need someday. But I honestly have no idea how to use let along setup one. Ive never heard of Home Genie before. But could I use it instead of AHP to run macros triggered by various door and window sensors and send out alert emails based off of that and also integrate with Google home?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 07:13:45 AM »

Yes I've done all that and more  emailing me pictures with security notifications.However I just experimented with Google home as I use Amazon Alexa more at the off grid place.. Here in the city I have both voice assistants. I'm  currently creating a SD mage with HomeGenie and HA-Bridge which requires very little setup.
HomeGenie is also available for Windows but realy shines on a Pi.
You could test it on a Wiindows PC to see if it is to your liking.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

sniickers

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 10:30:14 PM »

Thanks again for the reply Tuicemen. I have spent the last day fidgeting with HG. Seems like a sweet program. So if I was wanting to do the PI setup, and I am sure you probably posted a thorough run through already. But do you have a guide on what to do. I read through the PI stuff. I know I will need the PI W and case and ps. Would I need other hardware? And how would I go about setting things up? Hope I am not asking too much. Thanks in advance!

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 01:00:11 AM »

The only other hardware you'll need is an OTG adapter for the CM-15A to plug into and an SDHC card. Amazon has a good kit with the PiZW itself, case, PS, OTG & HDMI adapters and some other stuff that you won't need for $27.  The only other thing you'll need is the SDHC card. https://goo.gl/WW3Ux8

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2018, 07:04:01 AM »

Snickers I sent you and email which may help with your venture into the PI world.
The deal brobin points to is a good one for newbies the case really isn't needed as it will fit inside most any case even the CM15A case with the current Cm15 components as I've done. If like me you already have a 2.5 volt power supply and a box full of USB and HDMI addaptors you can just pick up the Pi Zero W for as low as $5 and a 8gig or larger mini SD card.

It is possible to use Smartthings and send command to HomeGenie like your doing now with smartcloud, you'll just need to change the device handlers for X10. Nothing extra would need to be added to the Pi.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

sniickers

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2018, 01:30:31 PM »

Thanks for the info guys. I responded to your email Tuicemen and would love to be in the group and learn. I honestly don't have much of what would be needed for the PI setup. I don't mind purchasing that kit. I like the idea of placing it all in the Cm15a as you indicated. I read about you doing that in another post somewhere. However I may hold off on that for now since I plan on attaching the PI to a monitor often just to mess around with PI and learn about it. I do have two Cm15a's (one old one with the short plastic white antenna cover and the newer one with the extendable metal antenna) so I may eventually get around to doing that. But in regards to using SC with HG. What exactly would I have to do to adjust the handlers? Also is there a write up on adding modules to HG? I found one and was able to add some modules. But my primary adjective is to add RF modules and not PLC modules. That was the only lacking feature that made using AHP an inconvenience for me, that and always getting locked up by SC.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2018, 03:42:21 PM »

I believe I have a HG device handler created ??? I just have to look for it.
As for sending RF from HomeGenie I'm not sure that currently is possible but I may be wrong (I don't use RF that way)
The HG developer is working on adding support for the CM19 so that should help with RF sends.

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2018, 05:03:07 PM »

Here in the city I have both voice assistants.
AFA HA do you find any difference? (i.e. interpreting commands, speed, etc.)
Thanks!!
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2018, 08:37:04 PM »

Google is better at finding answers as it has a search engine
As far as HA control they are about the same speed wise but it really depends on the skill (or lack of one) being used.
I prefer Alexa over Google for HA it is a little ahead in the automation the game as far as options but they both continue to evolve with new options
Alexa I believe has more HA skills
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

sniickers

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2018, 10:48:08 PM »

Well low and behold. I forgot you had made a modified version of Smart Cloud on your forum before where it did release the x10 net process. The only thing I forgot to put on my new pc. Now everything is working perfectly again, other than the RF commands. I still have to run macros that send a RF command to trigger modules used on a timer. I already have SC set to always send RF for all my GH commands. SO everything is back to normal, AHP, PCC and SC working in harmony. Now I have to figure out what is causing the issue where my PLC commands are not working like before. I guess your right Tuicemen, it must be the new PC. Its weird since I installed it on the same power strip as my previous PC. Maybe because its a server pc. Never had one before, but I caught a good deal locally for it for $120 and the guy was going to mark it down to 100. But I gave him the 120 for helping me out on trying to swap drives. It came with a raid 0 array running two 78 GB 15k drives. I swapped the OS over to a SSD drive. But it has four front fans, two PS fans and one VC fan and of course one CPU fan. It has a xeon es 1620 CPU and 8 GBs of ram and two DVD/RW drives and windows 10 pro 64 bit. From what I looked into I got a steal. But anyway, I am still looking through Homegenie. If I can have one centralized spot where I can access all my x10 stuff and my nest thermo and access my IP cameras. I differently will make the switch. But one thing that sucks is I believe you said HG cant make the cm15a send RF codes. Also Alexa seems to have more integration into HA stuff, one which is voice control of IP cameras which I would love to do with my GH. Almost all my cameras integrate with Alexa, but none with GH :(.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 10:52:51 PM by sniickers »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2018, 10:55:23 PM »

… I prefer Alexa over Google for HA it is a little ahead in the automation the game as far as options but they both continue to evolve with new options
Alexa I believe has more HA skills

I agree. Google is more knowledge and information centric (in my limited experience with it). Google is "smarter" though less useful for home automation.

I had thought that maybe the Google device with a screen might be nice in the kitchen for receipts and such when cooking (even TV). But with Alexa, Siri, grandkids, and whats-her-name that I am married to.... one more might just be confusing.
Home Automation is an always changing technology
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.