Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is Alex10 still viable, and can i change the application's Color Scheme  (Read 1056 times)

paytonn

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I have the Alex10 software running on a dedicated PC with the HA-bridge, etc , but it has recently stopped working. Before i try to resolve the issue,  I was wondering if there's a newer way to do things (not counting the new x10 wi-fi thing), or is Alex10 still viable.   Note to Tuicemen - Is it possible to change the color scheme - turns out i can't see the Red error messages.  Color Blindness sucks.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
Re: Is Alex10 still viable, and can i change the application's Color Scheme
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 05:01:31 PM »

There's the PiAlexaHub if you don't want to do the Home Genie thing and the original Alex10 on a PC is absolutely still viable, reliable and the simplest if you don't want to have to edit HA-Bridge directly.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 06:38:45 PM »

There's no way for the end user to modify the color scheme of Alex10
As brobin stated there is a pi Alexa x10 solution which runs off a $10 pi zero w running Ha-bridge which your already familiar with.it also requires a cm15 or 19.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 08:28:39 PM »

Regarding the color blindness, if you're on WIN 10 click settings then Ease of Access and look at the options under Color Filters. You can run in B&W or they offer special enhancements for Red & Green to help color blindness. I'm sure WIN7 has something similar maybe unde Accessability settings. My father was colorblind so I can empathize.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.