Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: WM100 doesn't set all ON/OFF Indicators in Android App.  (Read 75 times)

G. A. Dissauer

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
WM100 doesn't set all ON/OFF Indicators in Android App.
« on: December 06, 2018, 10:35:15 AM »

New WM100. 

It set up easily as advertised.  It seems to send all Commands, on all Housecodes, correctly, indicating the correct ON/OFF state in the Android App.

When I send commands from a different device, Housecode A ON/OFF status is correctly set in the Android App.  However, when I send commands from a different device, in any Housecode other than A, the ON/OFF status in the Android App is not affected. 

HW and SW were re-initiallized during my evaluation without perceived change in function.

Further, the "Sync data from WiFI  HUB" seems to provide inconsistant effects on those status indicators.  I have not thoroughly tested this function.

Both my home WIFI and X10 systems, Power Line and RF, are very reliable.  I have employed X10 here for over 20 years.

I have requested that the WM100 be replaced as I judge it to be faulty.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
Re: WM100 doesn't set all ON/OFF Indicators in Android App.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 11:07:52 AM »

As you'll learn from reading the various threads here, the failed WM100 is fraught with problems that are not being solved.  Best course of action is to return it for a refund while you still can.  Better options are in the works and one, the Pi X10 Hub, is available for testing now that's both cheaper and FAR more sophisticated.  Another option, the WM101 (not an X10 product) is being developed by Dave Houston and should be available in the next few months.  Both of these projects were spurred by the overall dissatisfaction and poor performance of the WM100.

G. A. Dissauer

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 05:32:24 PM »

I just received a Return Authorization from Authinx.  They will issue a refund.

I did give them the option of sending me one that works.

Their choice does make me wonder.
One of us may be incompetent.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 05:49:31 PM »

That's because yours isn't "broken," it's just poorly designed and they know you won't be any happier with another one.  >*<
Check out the Pi X10 Hub - it's everything the WM100 should have been.  :)%

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.