📱X10 WIFI > 🏥Help & Trouble shooting

Worked Briefly, Then Stopped

(1/4) > >>

Snowmarkeus:
I keep getting an error that says "Connection Failed! Please make sure WiFi password is correct and the LED on the HUB is flashing before pressing the "CONNECT" button."

Then I'm taken back to the screen that says, "Now, let's connect to your home's WiFi Network..."

I follow all of the instructions carefully. Click the Next button. Land on the next screen that tells me to push the sync button until blue light flashes, then click CONNECT while the light is blinking. I do that and boom, back into this infinite loop where it looks like it is trying to connect and then the "Connection Failed!" message pops up again. The thing is, at one point, following all these same steps initially, I was connected and actually adding devices and controlling them from my phone. However, I then unplugged the WM100 and moved it to a different room. I've moved it back to the original room right next to my router, but the issues persist.

Any ideas on what I might do to fix this? I was really hoping this would save my investment in X10 and even allow expanded X10 usage in our home.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!

Noam:
for, once you set it up, you shouldn't need to run through the setup a second time just because you unplugged it (you will, however, need to re-sync the time, see below).

Make sure that your phone and the WM100 are both connecting to the same 2.4 GHz network (it won't work on a 5 GHz network).

Also, be aware that the WM100 doesn't have a battery-backed clock. So, if there is a power interruption, you'll need to open the app and re-sync the time from the device in order for timers to work again. And if you're in a different time zone when you do that, the time on the unit will be set to whatever time zone you're in when you sync it.

If the unit continues to give you problem, I suggest contacting the manufacturer, and requesting an RMA and a refund.

--Noam

Snowmarkeus:
Thanks, I've followed all instructions to the letter, but am still experiencing issues. I'm going to leave the unit unplugged for a few hours and then try again. I also sent a message through the X10 website for support. We shall see...

Would be interested to know if there are people experiencing consistent success with the WM100.

Thanks!

Noam:

--- Quote from: Snowmarkeus on December 13, 2018, 10:20:43 AM ---Thanks, I've followed all instructions to the letter, but am still experiencing issues. I'm going to leave the unit unplugged for a few hours and then try again. I also sent a message through the X10 website for support. We shall see...

Would be interested to know if there are people experiencing consistent success with the WM100.

Thanks!

--- End quote ---
From what I've read, and from my own experience, it isn't reliable for much more than being a glorified remote. Without a reliable clock, timers aren't helpful. It has limited memory, and limited functionality. There are a lot of reports here of customers returning them for a refund, when it doesn't meet the advertised functionality.

Tuicemen:
Snowmarkeus while waiting uninstall the app and reinstall just in case it got corrupt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version