Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: What is the PiX10Hub?  (Read 29927 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: What is the PiX10Hub?
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2019, 04:00:43 PM »

The PiX10Hub image is created for a Pi and must be installed on a pi.
However if you download the HomeGenie installer for Windows you can install it in Windows and play with it and X10.
Likewise if you download the Linux or mac installer you can you can install and play with it in those OSes.
So no the image isn't required to play with X10 the image just comes preconfigured making setup that much simpler.
It should be noted that the Homegenie backup can be used to move one's setup from one OS to HG on another OS if you've not done much customization, as backups don't seem to handle added custom interfaces or widgets.  :(
Customization must be manually added after a restore is done on the new device.

>!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

edjal

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2019, 06:48:26 PM »

Thank You for your reply.  I have been playing with the windows version HG and I don't know any of the languages required to program HG.  I use one AHP macro and several on and off at specific time of day and specified calendar  x10 A and B events in AHP presently. So far I cant see how I can replace AHP with HG. without using programmers language C++ or others that I don't understand. In AHP it was spelled out on @__ off @__ from date ____to Date__ Ect.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2019, 08:40:35 PM »

HG has a macro recorder which creates a script based on what you click on.
No Programing skills are required. Timers are setup in the scheduler and although no as simple as recording clicks like the macro recorder does it is easy to get the hang of for simple timed events. However since it and the macro possibilities of HG are far more powerful they do take a bit longer to master.
Have you looked over the HG documentation and included videos ? Both  macros (scenarios) and timers (schedules) are outlined in the documentation.
https://genielabs.github.io/HomeGenie/#/docs/setup

As well there are some links to helpful videos posted in the HG help section here.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=30684.0
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

edjal

« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2019, 10:11:23 AM »

Thank You for your guidance I will try your suggestions as I really have to replace AHP.  thanks Again

edjal

« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2019, 12:07:16 PM »

I have figured out how to configure scheduling it is pretty simple as you describe however using home genie guide I still can't figure out how to get these x10 modules  that I have scheduled to show up as a widget on the HG home page. The only Widgets showing are the demo widgets. Can you help me with this? It would be much appreciated

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2019, 12:13:27 PM »

You must enable X10 and state which port to use cm15 or cm19. as well you have to specify the house codes you wish to use you can select just the ones you use.
then from the dashboard click on actions then configure group
in that page click actions again then add module.
in the pop up select the x10 module you wish to add and arrange them how you wish. You can also name them there or in the dashboard screen.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

edjal

« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2019, 10:01:39 AM »

Thank You again I now have widgets on the Dashboard and they have a button directly above them. Example over top of widget Xmas Tree x10 A1 is a button "Demo - Motion Detected" it has a tiny circle lit in yellow, over top of widget Furnace X10 A2 "Demo-Simulate Temp"  it has a tint circle in grey. All widgets are under a title Simulate. What is the purpose of these buttons over widget?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2019, 11:35:25 AM »

Thank You again I now have widgets on the Dashboard and they have a button directly above them. Example over top of widget Xmas Tree x10 A1 is a button "Demo - Motion Detected" it has a tiny circle lit in yellow, over top of widget Furnace X10 A2 "Demo-Simulate Temp"  it has a tint circle in grey. All widgets are under a title Simulate. What is the purpose of these buttons over widget?
the demo widgets are used to simulate the button turns green when activated and stays that way while the simulation program is running. You can delete the demo widgets.
You may also wish to try installing the pix10hub backup which is a backup of a preconfigured HG
http://tuicemen.net/downloads/Pi/pihub/PiX10Hub_config.zip to install this dont un zip go to maintenance then restore and browse fot the downloaded file.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

edjal

« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2019, 10:51:16 AM »

I can now see why many are so excited about HG with Pi vs AHP. It is taking me a little longer to figure it out. I have created a backup of my progress I
have used the Macro Wizard but I can't insert date or time range while in the wizard. I use two macros in AHP 1. Driveway Macro:  Trigger Conditions B2 on  MS16A Motion Det) and Flag status on-1 and the time is between 8:45 and 10:45pm, end trigger conditions Set Flags 1, turn driveway alert B1 ON (SC546A Motion Sensor)
2. Pole Light Macro:  Trigger Conditions B2 ON and Flag Status ON-2, and the time is between 10:45pn and dawn End Trigger conditions, set flags (2), turn Exterior lights on (A4 Exterior Lights).
Is this something possible with Hg and would you mind helping me with this? Thank You so much for your guidance so far Edjal

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2019, 11:06:57 AM »

Time conditions can be added in wizard scripts using condition homegenie/scheduler /(selected time/date)
Flags aren't part of HG and not realy require however I did create a fun with flags program for users that feel they need this.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=30757.msg180659#msg180659
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 11:11:51 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

edjal

« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2019, 12:14:51 PM »

Thank You so much for your guidance. I'm assuming the scheduler ties in with the macros I create?  I don't think I need flags with HG, Hope not anyway. You have been so helpful.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2019, 12:31:20 PM »

The scheduler is a separate thing you can't trigger macros just devices from it, but you can tell your macros to use a scheduled time from inside the macro. I'm not sure why the word scheduler is used in the wizard scripts, it confuses newbies.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

edjal

« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2019, 01:24:50 PM »

:) I think I got it now. here is a copy of one macro.

edjal

« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2019, 07:37:25 PM »

Does that macro design look like one that wil work correctly?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2019, 06:43:16 AM »

If you wish a pause between actions then the pause should be located there not in the trigger.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.