📱X10 WIFI > 🐞X10 WIFI App problems or bugs

What is going on???

(1/3) > >>

JBL11554:
Not sure what to make of this.  I have the new X10 wifi.  I have several lights on/off using the Dusk/Dawn timer.  I have one light that I can control (on/off) using the phone.  I have this one set with two timers which are for different days and different times.  The app shows the light is on 6:15am or 7;00am depending on the day but, it isn't.  Like I said I can turn it on/off.  I call also set the timer for 2-3 minutes from the time it is and it will turn on at the time I changed it to.  For whatever reason I can't get it to work the way I want.  I've tried deleting the on and off timers.  I even put them back in so that the off timer appears before or after the on timer.  It still doesn't want to work.  Any thoughts.

I also still have the older AHP module and this particular light worked fine with this module using the same timer parameters.

Noam:
Are you able to manually control the light from the app at the time you want the WM100 to control it? If not, then there might be signal interference.
However, be warned that timers won't work properly after a power interruption - until you re-sync the time from your phone. The WM100 doesn't have a battery-backed clock, and it also can't automatically reset the time off the Internet.

LostDog88:
I don't know about the WM100, but i solved my issues that were just like this with Home Genie and a CM15a.

I just simply send the command twice in my timers. On-On.....and for off Off-Off.

I am told that the XTB board that is for sale will solve these issues. I find that the problem is more likely on the longer runs. especially if I am trying to send a command to the detached garage through the phases.

The two times command helped quite a bit. Sometimes.......rarely. It don't work however. I am guessing it is noise as I have no way to test it really.

JBL11554:
SOLVED  Thanks for the responses.  In my case the answer was simple once I thought about it.  We were turning this particular light OFF using the actual light switch, so the app still showed it turned ON.  Since then I've created OFF timers in the app for every single device so this shouldn't be an issue anymore.  The funny thing with older AHP module this was never an issue since it didn't care whether the light was ON or OFF.  Thanks again  :)

Noam:

--- Quote from: JBL11554 on December 18, 2018, 06:49:00 AM ---SOLVED  Thanks for the responses.  In my case the answer was simple once I thought about it.  We were turning this particular light OFF using the actual light switch, so the app still showed it turned ON.  Since then I've created OFF timers in the app for every single device so this shouldn't be an issue anymore.  The funny thing with older AHP module this was never an issue since it didn't care whether the light was ON or OFF.  Thanks again  :)

--- End quote ---
I haven't tested this (since I can't use the WM100 as anything more than a glorified remote due to its shortcomings), but are you saying that if the WM100 thinks the unit is on, it won't send another "on" command when the timer triggers (and vice-versa)? *THAT* is a huge problem, as many units (especially light switches) can manually be switched on and off without alerting the WM100 to their state change.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version