Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WM100 just quit working.  (Read 3241 times)

Ronr43

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
WM100 just quit working.
« on: December 18, 2018, 01:39:04 PM »

Have had the unit for a few months now and outside of the DST problem have had no issues. After the new firmware it is working perfectly.  Today I tried to enter a new control for outside lights and am getting the message the app was unable to connect to the X10 WiFi HUB.
Have even tried a reset to factory and it still will not connect to my WiFi router.  All other equipment in the house is working correctly.
Is there a MAC address for this unit so I can see if it has tried to connect.

ceedee

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: WM100 just quit working.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 04:42:19 PM »

It does have a MAC address. However, its assigned IP address will also show up in your router's list of devices.  For instance, mine is 192.168.1.132.   The router also reports the device's MAC address.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 05:35:29 PM by ceedee »

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 11:00:52 AM »

Was the server down again?

berrin

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 08:22:17 AM »

I have the same problem. Have had my WM100 for a year and a half. Recently had to get a new internet modem and after that the timers worked but I could not send commands from my iPhone or iPad. Synched both devices, no luck. After experimenting with several possible solutions, decided to do a hard reset on the WM100 and app. Did that, set everything up again, and now no timers and no ability to send commands. When I sync or send a command, the blue LED on the WM100 blinks as though it is receiving data but the timers and manual commands do not work.

Any suggestions?

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 12:27:11 PM »

I don't have a WM100 and I'm not familiar with how it works with the X10 servers but, FWIW, I'd call X10 support and tell them you've replaced your cable modem and or router and ask them to reset your account to enable a fresh registration.  I know that some companies lock the device to a specific configuration that can only be reset by calling in and requesting it.  I had a hub that I set up for testing at my other place when I first got it and then when I plugged it in here I had to contact them for a reset at their end.  When you changed modems you essentially "moved" and that may be the issue.  The timers still worked because I believe they're stored locally in the device.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.