Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Setting up the PiX10Hub With the HG Echo Bridge and the cm11a -A Beginners Guide  (Read 2655 times)

alzy

• Helpful Post Rating: 5

I have the PiX10Hub and HG Echo Bridge working with the cm11a. These are my notes on how I got there. This is not a process originated by me but is a combination of the Tutorials and thread advice provided elsewhere on this forum by Tuicemen and Petera with some smaller modifications based on my experience going through the process! I thought it would be useful for others to have it all in one place so here it is. I elected to publish this as a text document rather than directly in a thread as it can easily be downloaded and printed. I found it easier for me to follow a long list of steps realtime using a printout as my monitor screen would typically have 1 or 2 SSH session windows open with a text document in the background of the often used terminal commands for easy cut and paste into a terminal window.
I am currently sorting out one remaining issue and that is with the dimming function via Alexa. When I get that resolved I will post an update. >!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 06:57:36 PM by alzy »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!

Nice start to the tutorial text. Although I don't own a cm11 many do and this may give those old controllers a new purpose other then being dust collectors. >!
a Plus 1 from me! #:)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

Thank you for the contribution and the work you put into it.
Helpful from me.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27

Nice to see a working solution from a user and well documented too. A very welcome post thats not from the "usual suspects". A very constructive contribution.

With a few minor changes to your install this will work for the CM15 and the CM19 too so all round a very useful report  >!

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157

Nice job Alzy!  #:)

alzy

• Helpful Post Rating: 5

Thanks all! Hope some find this helpful! >!

soxfan1966

• Helpful Post Rating: 3

I tried just doing an install of the interface from HomeGenie using the downloaded zip file from github on my pc.   I did not try to do a reset back to factory first - to be honest, at this point I'm out of time and patience today.

Tried toggling the interface on and off (Disable / Enable) both with the IP address and without - no luck.  Icon appears when its Enabled, but its always light gray (and in the instructions in the original text file I see mention of the light gray icon, it scrolls off the screen which is why I had not seen it earlier).  So something still is not right.

For now I have it Disabled, and I connected to the Pi via Putty and started the HA Bridge service (and that is running again).  Pulled up the Alexa page and did a Discover and all my devices are there again.

I have some time again tomorrow to mess around with this, but will see how things go in the morning.  If the only real way to get it working is to do a backup, factory reset, install the interface again, etc I may try that tomorrow.  For now, I am back to the Alexa commands working but taking some time and replying with the device not responding (even though it works).

Thanks for your patience and your assistance, I do appreciate it.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!

Since you did a disable of HA-bridge you'll need to do an enable so the service starts on every boot up other wise you'll need to do a service start each time.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

soxfan1966

• Helpful Post Rating: 3

Sorry, I did do the enable first.  Then when I checked the status and it wasn't running I did a search and found the start command, so used that and then verified it was running.

I'm not sure why I could not get the HG Alexa interface running.  It seems pretty straightforward so maybe tomorrow I will have more luck if I do a backup, reset to factory and then restore and try it fresh from there.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.