Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Buster PiX10Hub is here! Created by the Community, for the Community.:)% #:)

Author Topic: ℹPiX10Hub Image & setup Tutorial  (Read 73777 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 271
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
    • Tuicemen Forum
ℹPiX10Hub Image & setup Tutorial
« on: December 22, 2018, 09:23:13 AM »

Since this is entirely a community Open Source Project designed to expand.
"THE PiX10Hub AND ALL SOFTWARE IN IT IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND"

This will replace all previous PiX10Hub images and hopefully is the easiest to install yet.
This is intended to work on any current PI and hopefully future ones too.The image has been shrank but users with slow connections or flaky internet connections should look into a download manager software like Getright ( http://getright.com ) I've used this one in the past but there are free options available.

Steps to build the image
1: Once you have the image downloaded then use etcher to write the SD card ( https://www.balena.io/etcher/ ) If using Win32 Disk Imager (https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/ )   to write the image to a micro SD card  you'll need to unzip with 7zip first.
Note: (1) a SD card of 4 gigs or larger is required
         (2) you may wish to format the SD card prior (it only takes a few seconds)
         (3)While writing the image you may see pop-ups saying that Drive x (which will be one letter higher than the Micro SD card's) needs to be formatted - just ignore and cancel those pop-ups
2:  With the image written to a SD remove it. If you plan to use wi-fi and a SSH install then replace it in your PC (not the Pi  yet)
  edit the wpa_supplement.config file with notepad adding your routers SID and the password leaving the quotes.  Before you save the file be sure word-wrap is not selected in notepad, if it is, uncheck it or the file will fail. Remove SD card from PC.

Install and setup
You can still use the Putty(SHH) or HDMI keyboard install option, your X10 interface may be plugged in prior to the install if you have a free port.

1:With your Pi unpowered slide the SD card into the pi
2:Plug in your CM15,cCm19 or CM11
3: plugin your HDMI monitor cable and turn on monitor then plug in pi
 This assumes you have installed PuTTy if not using Putty proceed to #5, If a HDMI was not attached wait a few mins before proceeding.
4:With Putty open on your PC type in the Pi IP (there are several ways to discover this)  type a name in the saved sessions & click save then click Open. A new Black window will appear and possibly a white Security screen (first time window) if the white Security screen opens click yes

5:The pi will do a initial setup for your particular PI prior to a login screen appearing when it does log in and follow the steps outlined below.
The login is pi  The password is raspberry
6: Once logged in the raspberry configuration screen will auto open

7:Once you've changed the password, set your location info, Time zone, network info and expanded the file system(#7) select finish, if the option to reboot is there do it
8:On reboot, login with new password the Install will start
this will take some time to complete so grab a coffee.
Note: The mono portion of the install may appear to hang (especially if using Wi-fi) don't worry it will resume.
9: The Installer will display the default HomeGenie and Ha-Bridge addresses once done.

Note: if you need to move your Pi or connect the X10 interface shutdown the pi by typing sudo shutdown now wait a min then remove the power cord then when ready plug it back in and your ready to go after a min (load time).
10: Open a browser on your phone or PC to the IP & port displayed for HomeGenie.( I recommend a larger screen then a phone for initial HG setup.)

Configuring X10 in HomeGenie:
See this thread for some documentation http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=31213.0

Current Image for Any Pi board is: Buster Version 4
The SHA-256 check sum value is: F1002E5A7261D511A0949717EFB6A1C8B071F99B133D6E2BF0F4B012889B85A8
Note: This includes the Feb.5Th 2020 Raspbian release OS build
Questions for the AnyPi install may also be posted here:  http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=31214.0
 >!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 04:44:28 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Find extra info @ My forum

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 271
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
    • Tuicemen Forum
Re: ℹPiX10Hub Image & setup Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 07:35:19 AM »

I've replaced all previous version tutorials with the AnyPi version. The AnyPi Buster version 4 is now available for download.
This includes the Feb 5Th 2020 Raspbian OS release and currently has been tested on the following Pi boards:
 ZeroW
 3B+
 3B
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 08:55:23 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Find extra info @ My forum

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.