Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PiX10Hub setup Tutorial  (Read 84364 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
PiX10Hub setup Tutorial
« on: December 22, 2018, 09:23:13 AM »

This is entirely a community Open Source Project designed to expand.
Redoing the image for every Raspi OS, Homegenie, HA-Bridge... or future softwares added to the PiX10Hub software suite isn't going to happen. At least not by me.
The Current Raspi OS can be found here: https://www.raspberrypi.org/software/operating-systems/
I still recommend the lite version however there is a version with the desktop as well as one with all recommended software.
 On the download page is also an ISO for a "The latest Raspberry Pi Desktop" for those wishing to use a Laptop or PC instead of a Raspi. This looks and acts very simular to the Raspi OS but it will not work on a Pi thus the installer for HomeGenie is a bit different.

petera & bkenobi have posted copy paste code or scripts for installing HomeGenie to a fresh Raspi OS install at other places.
You can also find directions on the HomeGenie web site.
For HA-Bridge I've only seen a how to on the HA-Bridge github page.

I've packaged both into a PiX10Hub-Pi-Installers download these are intended for installing to a fresh pi OS image either from a desktop ( if enabled) or the command line(recommended).
If you wish to install HA-Bridge the Bridge_installer must be installed first followed by the HG_installer.
the SHA-256 checksum hash value is: 47D10A1B1E1576992274D7682E148413F61F4C952A7B37DF516865733DBFCA09
Simply download and remove the ".txt" from the end of the file name then.
in your Raspi unzip the file and go to the folder it creates.
If in the desktop simply double click on the installers and check run in terminal this simply will allow you to see the process and when done the terminal window will close.
If your using putty or the terminal with keyboard and monitor  type: sh INSTALLERNAME
 there is a ha-bridge.service file that will get move to correct location if you install the Bridge-Installer
I've not included a script for installing Midnight commander as it is a simple as typing sudo apt install mc
 >!

« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 02:40:07 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: PiX10Hub setup Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 07:53:20 AM »

For 2022 I'm recommending TRIGGERcmd Smarthome Skill for Alexa & or Google Home voice control.
You can still use HA-Bridge if you prefer however TRIGGERcmd provides some extras not available with the Bridge.
If your setting up the PiX10Hub fresh I recommend starting with the TRIGGERcmd windows script to create the SD card.
directions and links can be found here: https://www.triggercmd.com/forum/topic/606/windows-script-to-prep-sd-card-for-raspberry-pi-with-triggercmd-agent.
Once you have your Raspi booted you can use the PiX10Hub-Pi-Installers from the above post to install HomeGenie and if you wish HA-Bridge.
I've created a TRIGGERcmd HG script that allows voice triggering of all X10 modules and Zwave modules in HG and as long as HG is on port 8080 you don't need to modify it. This script (hg.txt attached) must be renamed hg.sh and placed in the home/pi/scripts folder

As well I have working a Windows tool to write a commands.json file required for TRIGGERcmd to control any action even talk to the HG Script. This helps avoid some simple mistakes newbies make editing the json file.
This tool is available currently only by request.
 >!
Note: The attached image shows the correct command call to tell the hg script to turn on module A3 from HG

« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 05:03:38 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.