Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Re: PiX10Hub setup Tutorial  (Read 16987 times)

alzy

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: PiX10Hub setup Tutorial
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2018, 09:01:37 PM »

Will Pix10Hub image v1.1 run on a more robust RPi board?

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2018, 12:16:44 AM »

I have the PiZW AlexaHub (mochad & ha-bridge) running a CM19 with no issues.  I'm using a 5.1V/3A power supply but it also ran fine with a 5V/2.1A one first.  As Tuiceman says, if that works better then maybe the HG CM19 driver still needs tweaking.

@Mr.T: Could you put up the image for the Alexa hub again?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2018, 06:22:01 AM »

I have not tested this thoroughly.
I did install 1.1 on a Pi 3B {not the latest Pi 3B+}. It was NOT automatically installed like on a Pi Zero W. I had to use the keyboard and monitor connections. Manually starting things when it seemed to lock up and stall. Typing in things like raspi-config would get me back to a proper installation.

This was for the Wi-Fi connection. Ethernet didn't seem to work. Even with the suggestions I got during the test users section here.

alzy

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2018, 06:38:05 AM »

Brobin reports "I have the PiZW AlexaHub (mochad & ha-bridge) running a CM19 with no issues."

Tuicemen, Isn't that what you suggested I try in your last post here?

I also have a 5v 2.5 amp supply driving mine. So input power should be good.

Futhermore, wouldn't both the cm15 and cm19 take similar processing power , they both conect via usb. The only difference would be usb 5v power draw as Tuicemen pointed out. But if that's the prob then why is Brobin's setup working?

I too think its a driver problem, but if the HG folks disagree it will never get corrected.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2018, 07:49:31 AM »

@alzy In Brobin's setup he is not using HG which is a large HA software package capable of timers and macros and a large amount of other drivers.
Brobin has HA-Bridge and the Mochad driver nothing else loading down the PI for his Alexa Pi.

@ Brobin I'll see about putting the Alexa install script back together.
 However there was very little interest in it probably as it required going down the Linux rabbit hole.
I guess I could create an Alexa Hub image now using what was learned in this project. ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

soxfan1966

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2018, 09:04:12 AM »

Good morning,

My Pi Zero W arrived in the mail yesterday (earlier than expected) and having the day off today I decided to try and set it up.   I followed the instructions - and everything went well.

It is running and I can access the HA Bridge by typing the IP address (i.e 192.168.1.211) and if i use the IP address plus the port (192.168.1.211:8080) I get HA Bridge.

Not all I have to do is set up the individual x10 items in each of those and should be good to go.

I did notice the default devices appearing in HG - I will try and clean those up as I had done on the version on my PC.  Will report back later today on how the rest of the setup goes.

Thanks

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2018, 09:09:42 AM »

You can actually load the backup of HG on Windows to the Pi HG, it will speed setup up considerably. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

soxfan1966

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2018, 09:11:02 AM »

I can try that - how do I do that ?

soxfan1966

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2018, 09:12:24 AM »

I can try that - how do I do that ?

And can you do the same with the HA Bridge setup ?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2018, 09:14:41 AM »

you need to create a backup from your windows HG configure/maintenance/configuration data
this saves to your connected device the in your pi HG go to the same location but browse for the back up file you created then click restore.
the HA-Bridge back up is a bit more involved but it is possible.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

soxfan1966

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2018, 09:24:44 AM »

I only had 2 devices entered in my PC version of HomeGenie so I think I will just try setting them up manually again (I do not need to migrate all that I had in AHP as I am not moving my cameras over).  I took a look at the HA Bridge setup for the devices, and it looks like even if I restored the back from the PC I'd still have to edit each of them for the correct IP address etc.  So I will work on those manually as well.

Off to the races :)

soxfan1966

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2018, 12:22:30 PM »

Allrighty....

I have a few of my X10 devices up working on HomeGenie and they seem to work.

I am having a problem with one that is on House Code B as opposed to A - under AHP, for the devices I have on B I have them running via RF commands not PLC (and that was the way I had them setup under Alex10 as well - they worked great).

So I am not sure if I can set up devices this way in HomeGenie.

I also have HA Bridge set up for the same devices (Forgot the ones I had on there and did a Discover to get the new ones).  They show up in Alexa (and HA Bridge) but trying to turn them on or off is not working - either in HA Bridge itself or via Alexa.

Assuming I have something set up incorrectly.

soxfan1966

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2018, 01:23:22 PM »

Allrighty....

I am having a problem with one that is on House Code B as opposed to A - under AHP, for the devices I have on B I have them running via RF commands not PLC (and that was the way I had them setup under Alex10 as well - they worked great).

I also have HA Bridge set up for the same devices (Forgot the ones I had on there and did a Discover to get the new ones).  They show up in Alexa (and HA Bridge) but trying to turn them on or off is not working - either in HA Bridge itself or via Alexa.

Got Alexa working :)  Watched the video under the Help topic on this board here and realized (based on Tuicemen's comment about the password) that I was indeed missing something.  Followed the steps, updated the Legacy field for Header and bingo!

Still working on a few trick X10 modules on the B house code - need to find out how to use an RF for them I think

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2018, 03:10:45 PM »

@ Brobin I'll see about putting the Alexa install script back together.
 However there was very little interest in it probably as it required going down the Linux rabbit hole.
I guess I could create an Alexa Hub image now using what was learned in this project. ::) :'

I think that now that you've refined the hub image concept there may be more interest in the Alexa (only) Hub from those of us who already have controllers that we're happy with. In addition to those who may continue with AHP, there are HomeSeer, Ocelot, StarGate, HRRBI and several other flavors that would benefit from it.  Installing the Alexa Hub image required more of a peek into rather than a trip down the rabbit hole and was pretty simple.  The image did all the heavy lifting.

soxfan1966

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2018, 03:18:56 PM »

Allrighty....

Got Alexa working :)  Watched the video under the Help topic on this board here and realized (based on Tuicemen's comment about the password) that I was indeed missing something.  Followed the steps, updated the Legacy field for Header and bingo!

Still working on a few trick X10 modules on the B house code - need to find out how to use an RF for them I think

I've got things up and running for the most part, down to 3 problem devices - all ones I had issues with in AHP but was able to use macros to get to work:

1) Kitchen Sink light - this is an X10 dimmer switch.  Currently turns on but will not turn off from HG or Alexa.

2) Table Lamp (currently used for Christmas Tree) - in AHP, I had a macro defined so that when a specific PLC command for a trigger device was hit it would send an RF signal to the x10 device for this.  I had 2 macros - one for on and one for off.   

3) Living Room Lights - same issue as #2, and in fact the same room.  Similarly, I had macros to trigger RF commands when triggered and these had been working in AHP but not working in HG / Alexa.

Taking a break for now, am going to leave things running in the Pi Hub and shut down the PC and see if my timed events I set up in HG get triggered correctly.

Any help on setting up HG macros to send RF x10 commands would be appreciated.

Thanks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.