Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Re: PiX10Hub setup Tutorial  (Read 16994 times)

alzy

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: PiX10Hub setup Tutorial
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2018, 03:20:49 PM »

An Alexa Hub driving a cm19a to replace my Alex10 install would be very useful to me!

alzy

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2018, 04:04:55 PM »

Running on a Pi Zero W that is.

soxfan1966

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2018, 08:35:05 AM »

Allrighty....

I have a few of my X10 devices up working on HomeGenie and they seem to work.

I am having a problem with one that is on House Code B as opposed to A - under AHP, for the devices I have on B I have them running via RF commands not PLC (and that was the way I had them setup under Alex10 as well - they worked great).

So I am not sure if I can set up devices this way in HomeGenie.

I also have HA Bridge set up for the same devices (Forgot the ones I had on there and did a Discover to get the new ones).  They show up in Alexa (and HA Bridge) but trying to turn them on or off is not working - either in HA Bridge itself or via Alexa.

Assuming I have something set up incorrectly.

Got Alexa working :)  Watched the video under the Help topic on this board here and realized (based on Tuicemen's comment about the password) that I was indeed missing something.  Followed the steps, updated the Legacy field for Header and bingo!

Still working on a few trick X10 modules on the B house code - need to find out how to use an RF for them I think

I've got things up and running for the most part, down to 3 problem devices - all ones I had issues with in AHP but was able to use macros to get to work:

1) Kitchen Sink light - this is an X10 dimmer switch.  Currently turns on but will not turn off from HG or Alexa.

2) Table Lamp (currently used for Christmas Tree) - in AHP, I had a macro defined so that when a specific PLC command for a trigger device was hit it would send an RF signal to the x10 device for this.  I had 2 macros - one for on and one for off.   

3) Living Room Lights - same issue as #2, and in fact the same room.  Similarly, I had macros to trigger RF commands when triggered and these had been working in AHP but not working in HG / Alexa.

Taking a break for now, am going to leave things running in the Pi Hub and shut down the PC and see if my timed events I set up in HG get triggered correctly.

Any help on setting up HG macros to send RF x10 commands would be appreciated.

Thanks

I'm going to move this part to its own thread under HG.

Hollybrook

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2019, 12:38:31 AM »

Its been a while since I was last here, but didn't the tutorial use to have a link to the SD card image?  I have been looking around the forum for any links and am not seeing any. Maybe its late and I should be sleeping...

I have some old images stored, but they are all from the beta program.

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2019, 12:46:09 AM »

Tuicemen will have to answer your question.  I think the image was stored on his forum and I heard that he shut it down recently.  Don't take my word for it though as it was 3rd party knowledge...

Hollybrook

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2019, 12:49:08 AM »

Yes, his forum does not currently appear to be up.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2019, 08:02:46 AM »

The links use to be in this thread http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=30714.0
not sure where they went but I'll get them reposted as soon as I wake up.
My forum is up you just may have an old link, the link to that is http://forums.tuicemen.net
http://forums.tuicemen.com also should still work
Update: links are now in the tutorial thread once again
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Hollybrook

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2019, 12:33:16 PM »

Thanks for adding the SD card image back into the tutorial!

The reason I couldn't find your forum is that I made you singular (i.e. Tuiceman).  It was late...   B:(

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2019, 02:05:49 PM »

Thanks for adding the SD card image back into the tutorial!
The removal of the links was unintentional, I most likely was either still asleep or to tired and should have been in bed.
The reason I couldn't find your forum is that I made you singular (i.e. Tuiceman).  It was late...   B:(
rofl lots of people do that so your not alone. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Hollybrook

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2019, 10:22:18 PM »

Thanks for the quick response -- I am up and running again.  The newer code looks very nice and I am happily configuring HG.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2019, 11:21:50 AM »

Lately I've found myself digging into the HG code B:( (something I didn't wish to do) ::) :'
This was done to address issues with the OpenWeatherMap add which replaced the Weather Underground app and widget that personally affected my setup. Some originally reported March 27th
Recently I created a Pull request so these changes can be added to HG in a future update.
Although you can update HG from the PiX10Hub these fixes have yet to make there way into a HG build.
I'm thinking about creating a updated image with these issues fixed as Gene seems to have found himself busy with other things.
However if I do that and Gene releases a new update with out implementing the pull the issues will reappear. >*<
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 11:49:34 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

edjal

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2019, 12:03:59 PM »

i amtrying to setup Pi following newby instructions splash screen never appears no power light indicator so I called vilros Mfg for support they want me to download NOOBS to the mini SD they claim Pi wont boot without it. Is NOOBS and the image one and the same?

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2019, 02:05:24 PM »

I also bought mine from Vilros and it worked exactly as the PiX10Hub instructions are written. I have never needed nor used NOOBS.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2019, 02:28:16 PM »

i amtrying to setup Pi following newby instructions splash screen never appears no power light indicator so I called vilros Mfg for support they want me to download NOOBS to the mini SD they claim Pi wont boot without it. Is NOOBS and the image one and the same?

A little BS from the supplier. Will work with Raspbian Stretch Lite (download here recommended for anyone wanting to install HomeGenie https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/ )

The NOOBS just fills your SD card with unwanted software and messes with your partition.

Might be best to start with a fresh install of Raspbian and HomeGenie as there's been a few subtle changes to Raspbian since that image on this forum was created.

We are on the verge of a Raspbian Buster release (it will replace Raspbian Stretch) so Pi X10 users be mindful of this. It won't be just a simple case of a distribution upgrade either.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2019, 06:17:48 PM »

noobs is  not on the image, nor is it required
You will not get a splash screen if your using the PiX10hub 2.0 version intended for Pis that are not a Zero W.
The pi needs the SD card inserted into the SD slot with the image already written to it.
Both images include Raspbian Stretch lite so you don't need to download from link petera supplied unless you wish to install HG manually yourself.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.