Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Re: HA-Bridge setup  (Read 5970 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: HA-Bridge setup
« on: December 22, 2018, 09:41:18 AM »

Any questions on the HA-Bridge setup tutorial can be posted here ;)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

snapdoodle

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 02:38:06 PM »

Thanks setup up was easy. Great work. Does run slow when executing command, I would like it without homegenie. Thanks again

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 02:45:59 PM »

I did create a simple HA-Bridge Pi hub which used mochad to send the x10 commands.
However I found HG allowed more options and I'm not sure if that would be any faster at executing commands ::) :'
I also found the closer my pi was to my router or Wi-fi repeater tasks were performed quicker. Your results may differ but it is worth testing in a few locations. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 02:47:31 PM »

Thanks setup up was easy. Great work. Does run slow when executing command, I would like it without homegenie. Thanks again

If you're not interested in HG and only want HA bridge, a few months ago Tuicemen released an image for the PiAlexaHub that works great. I've been running one since mid-September and it's been bulletproof.  The only thing I added was a chron job to do a nightly reboot and a 3 line file to auto-reconnect to WiFi.  It runs just as fast as Alex10 did on a laptop.

snapdoodle

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 03:18:54 PM »

Is their a link or a message number I looked for it but couldn't find it. Thanks Again I got HA-Bridge running a Pi but could not figure out how to add the right paths to add my devices.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 03:23:50 PM by snapdoodle »

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 04:39:38 PM »

Is their a link or a message number I looked for it but couldn't find it. Thanks Again I got HA-Bridge running a Pi but could not figure out how to add the right paths to add my devices.
I sent you a PM with some details.

snapdoodle

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2018, 05:23:35 PM »

Thank You

alzy

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 11:28:38 AM »

For those having success with dimming on the Pix10hub using cm19a and /or the cm11a, could you please share with me the exact syntax of the Bridge Dim item entry that works for you?
Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 11:40:16 AM by alzy »

Geewiz

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 11:24:52 PM »

I have Home Genie running on a Pi 3 B+.  It runs beautifully.  The only thing missing now is integrating HA-Bridge with Alexa.

I’m new to Raspbery and having a time trying to find some clear instructions to follow...anyone know of something I could use to follow?

Thanks!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 07:31:02 AM »

I take it you read the tutorial and still are having a issue? Or is your issue with installing it?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Geewiz

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 09:43:07 AM »

Sorry...I think I should have clarified that I'm not using the .iso file you provided, but starting from scratch on a clean Pi 3 B+ with the full Stretch release on a 32gb SD.  The instructions I've been reading for installing HA-Bridge have been confusing to me simply because I'm not familiar with the Raspberry/Linux environment...yet. 

I first started with the Pi Zero W but could not get HG sending PLC reliably, even though the Pi is just 6 feet from the wireless AP.  I like having the hard-wire network port on the 3 and it is much more robust...and just as reliable as the PC system I've had running X10 for many years.

I've been reading all I can find and am just getting a little overwhelmed, I think, in trying to learn an entirely new (for me) OS.  I made my post late last night letting my frustration get the better of me.  I should have just gone to sleep!   B:(  I've been finding some Youtube videos that might help me, so will keep plodding along!   

I guess I was looking to see if any other users might be taking the approach I am.  The work you've done is amazing and all that holds the promise of keeping our X10 modules working and relevant for many more years!  The last piece for me now is getting HAB installed and working with Alexa.  (You made that so easy with Alex10!!)   :)%

Thank you!

Geewiz

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 10:31:32 AM »

Please ignore my lamentations about installing HA-Bridge!  Sometimes, I'm just a putz!   B:(

Once I went in to Zen-mode and filtered the sequence of instructions amidst all the other info, installing HAB was pretty straight forward. 

Now on to configuring HAB! 

Thanks!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2020, 09:26:43 PM »

So.... how do I add X10 device to the Hub/bridge setup... and then allow Alexa to see and control them?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2020, 06:29:43 AM »

Setting up HA-Bridge is a easy task now with the new helper. However it requires HomeGenie to be configured first so it can send the X10 commands and modules in it must be named or HA-Bridge won't see them. See the tutorial sections for both.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2020, 08:59:11 AM »

Setting up HA-Bridge is a easy task now with the new helper. However it requires HomeGenie to be configured first so it can send the X10 commands and modules in it must be named or HA-Bridge won't see them. See the tutorial sections for both.

I added some X10 modules into HG. 3 modules to be exact. My thought was I can live without these three while I setup HG... then add the remaining 23 or so later. Does this mean I need to add ALL the modules (currently controlled by HomeSeer) first?
Home Automation is an always changing technology
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.