Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HAbridge errors when sending of command to broadlink RM; why?  (Read 4734 times)

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
HAbridge errors when sending of command to broadlink RM; why?
« on: December 22, 2018, 07:21:24 PM »

ERROR    Call to 192.168.7.3-272a device failed with exception: X10Hub: X10Hub: unknown error    com.bwssystems.HABridge.plugins.broadlink.BroadlinkHome

This is what the log says...  I can refresh broadlink devices and it finds the RM pro...  I can add oN and off commands (the long 32?bit data) that previously worked fine.  It is from android RM bridge...

I tried sudo chown -R  pi:pi ha-bridge in case it was some permission thing.  No change.

This used to work fine. 

FYI, plain commands like       http://192.168.7.16:8080/api/HomeAutomation.X10/A3/Control.On    in HAbridge do work fine.

android app e-control all commands still work thru RM pro also.

Wonder what is up?  Any ideas?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 08:51:07 AM by mike »

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
Re: ha bidge no longer working; why?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 07:56:39 PM »

Mike you know the drill. Restore your last known working copy of of the Pi X10 hub which should restore full functionality to the Pi X10 hub.

Also could you include your hardware setup, what version of the Pi X10 hun you are running and if you are attempting to run a parallel X10 system on the same power line. As you know by now we recommend you do not attempt to run AHP with an X10 controller while running the Pi X10 hub.

We need to know as much about your setup as possible before we can help your troubleshoot the issue. Also if you decide to step outside the standard image distribution that was supplied here it will make troubleshooting a lot more difficult.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: ha bidge no longer working; why?
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 09:22:47 PM »

Your Subject line is misleading,  HA-Bridge  by your own admission is working. It is the Broadlink RM communication that is failing. And this is something you've had issues with in the past.
 Have you redone your hosts file since updating to the public release of PiX10Hub? The error suggests to me, that needs to be looked at. Remember all customization you did to past image builds need to be redone as a new Image overwrites all that.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

Re: HAbridge errors when sending of command to broadlink RM; why?
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 08:50:00 AM »

Thanks guys.  Yes, you are right, my subject line is wrong, and of course yes, you are also right my issue is HAbridge sending a command to broadlink;  better subject line would be:  HAbridge errors when sending of command to broadlink RM.  I will change it.

I am still running your image release 1 I think.  Nothing on pi has changed.  Nothing.  HG is working fine as before;  it sends to HAbridge fine.  HAbridge works fine when it is commanded to send html command.  Just sending to broadlink it seems like it does not have permission - at least that is how I guess/interpret the x10hub:x10hub error words? 

Thanks for host file suggestion - I will have a look.

Yes Petera I still have my fully programmed cm15/ahp running.  Luckily and not so luckily:  luckily as it now appears ahp has been turning on/off my alarm system, unluckily in that who knows for how long?  So I do not know WHEN the arm/disarm hex code send from habridge to RM stopped working - it may have been weeks ago.  Way I found out is I unplugged my ahp/cm15 the other day and alarm stopped arming...  I had assumed it was the pi arming/disarming it...  Having the other cm15 running has nothing at all to do with this issue.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 09:06:24 AM »

Broadlink has long not wanted the protocol known the fact that it is out there is due to a inside leak.
It is possible broadlink has changed how the RM handles requests now as you state its apps still work.
Since the Broadlink apps work have you downloaded their skills to Alexa?

I've not attempted this as yet but may in the near future as HA-Bridge is failing to even see my Broadlink today.
Just use the broadlink skills and Alexa Routines for your alarm auto settings and control.
I do this now for my entertainment control.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mike

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 09:17:27 AM »

I have meant to ask you about your iimage version of habrdige for some time...   I never had a top tab named "my echo" before loading your image...  I can't seem to find a place to turn that off, so assume it is built into habridge program as default now?

HA Bridge      Home    My Echo    Help    About    Login/Logout

My habridge version is presently: 5.2.1   (about screen shows this as well as amazon echo)
Hmmm  my old habride was same version.
Perhaps if I could make "my echo" go away it would work again?

And my RM, even with solid pre-IP name working like a charm, sometimes goes offline for no known reason lately here too;  cycle power and it magically links to wifi again...  Still trying to figure that one out.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 09:19:01 AM »

Thanks guys.  Yes, you are right, my subject line is wrong, and of course yes, you are also right my issue is HAbridge sending a command to broadlink;  better subject line would be:  HAbridge errors when sending of command to broadlink RM.  I will change it.

I am still running your image release 1 I think.  Nothing on pi has changed.  Nothing.  HG is working fine as before;  it sends to HAbridge fine.  HAbridge works fine when it is commanded to send html command.  Just sending to broadlink it seems like it does not have permission - at least that is how I guess/interpret the x10hub:x10hub error words? 

Thanks for host file suggestion - I will have a look.

Yes Petera I still have my fully programmed cm15/ahp running.  Luckily and not so luckily:  luckily as it now appears ahp has been turning on/off my alarm system, unluckily in that who knows for how long?  So I do not know WHEN the arm/disarm hex code send from habridge to RM stopped working - it may have been weeks ago.  Way I found out is I unplugged my ahp/cm15 the other day and alarm stopped arming...  I had assumed it was the pi arming/disarming it...  Having the other cm15 running has nothing at all to do with this issue.

Mike you will not have a satisfactorily functioning Pi X10 hub while trying to run parallel X10 setups and particularly one with an uncleared CM15. Yes it may look like its working correctly but you will probably end up with lock ups owing to flooding the the system X10 traffic or signal collision.

By all means test your system to breaking point but please bear in mind that there are others here trying to get their systems up and running and configured for the first time. I can't speak for Tuicemen but that's who I'm concentrating on.

As you are adding to your system and stepping outside the parameters of the project's intended use you will probably get more detailed responses in the relevant forums. The aim here is to get a hub that will fulfill the X10 needs of the user.

mike

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2018, 09:19:15 AM »

I do not use echo or alexa devices here.

mike

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2018, 09:27:19 AM »

Mike you will not have a satisfactorily functioning Pi X10 hub while trying to run parallel X10 setups and particularly one with an uncleared CM15. Yes it may look like its working correctly but you will probably end up with lock ups owing to flooding the the system X10 traffic or signal collision.

By all means test your system to breaking point but please bear in mind that there are others here trying to get their systems up and running and configured for the first time. I can't speak for Tuicemen but that's who I'm concentrating on.

As you are adding to your system and stepping outside the parameters of the project's intended use you will probably get more detailed responses in the relevant forums. The aim here is to get a hub that will fulfill the X10 needs of the user.

Peterea, I DID post my question OUTSIDE the image & beta threads!  That is why I posted HERE!

This has nothing at all to do with the image or beta work and I did not want to confuse anyone with that!

As for running my ahp/cm15 causing my habridge communication via wifi to my broadlink RM - nonsense.  Sorry but your too fixated with running multiple cm15's to see my issue has nothing to do with it.  You should realize by now I have been running both pi & windows cm15's together for months with nary a single pi 'lockup.'  I will refrain from more posting on forums.x10.com regarding my unrelated communication issue.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2018, 09:29:51 AM »

I do not use echo or alexa devices here.
You don't need to. I believe the Broadlink apps have some sort of timers or scenes in them though it has been 6 months or longer since I opened one. I also believe you can use the Alexa app with out an echo device as you can set your phone as one.
this would get you access to the routines (maybe)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2018, 01:49:42 PM »

Well I found out why HA-Bridge had stopped seeing my Broadlink.
It has been the same issue every time! B:( B:(
Someone or thing (maybe the dog) is getting behind the sofa and pulling the Plug :o
Where is that krazy glue?  ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2018, 02:42:44 PM »

Peterea, I DID post my question OUTSIDE the image & beta threads!  That is why I posted HERE!

This has nothing at all to do with the image or beta work and I did not want to confuse anyone with that!

As for running my ahp/cm15 causing my habridge communication via wifi to my broadlink RM - nonsense.  Sorry but your too fixated with running multiple cm15's to see my issue has nothing to do with it.  You should realize by now I have been running both pi & windows cm15's together for months with nary a single pi 'lockup.'  I will refrain from more posting on forums.x10.com regarding my unrelated communication issue.

Absolutely Mike. Total nonsense. Sure just leave the CM15s plugged in so.  :)%

mike

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2018, 06:49:40 PM »

Tuicemen, something to stick in your vast bucket of knoweldge:  the 'secret hex code' we build for broadlink includes the SD card name  embedded in it.  I got around to final check why it worked before switching to the hub image.  backups of both habridge devices (.bk) and bridge control (.cfgbk) files from my previous working and now from x10hub are identical.

Changing pi password made no difference.

changing SD card name (sudo nano /etc/hostname) back to my original name made HAbridge work again with the hex codes made back then.

Not something you will likely need but who knows?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2018, 08:22:04 PM »

The hex code included in the Hub was only to show the possibilites. All the backups need one thing or another changed to actually  work. Some may get lucky and not have to change anything. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2018, 08:28:04 PM »

I did not realize you were attempting to use the backups. I belive I even edited the actual hex value from what you sent me so if you use the exact hex your security console will most have to learn to accept it.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.