Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Alexa issue  (Read 10369 times)

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
Re: Alexa issue
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2018, 11:19:10 AM »

As I get out of bed each morning I say, "Alexa, turn off shades."
This may be well known, but FWIW you can create an Alexa Routine, so you can say "Alexa 'close' (or lower) the shades". and a second to open (or raise) the shades.  The words "Alexa Turn ON", "Turn OFF, "DIM" etc. queue Alexa servers that it is a Home Automation (skill) command. "Open", "Close" do not. The Routine allows you to use any phrase to perform specific tasks. ie "Alexa make it dark".
I didn't know about Alexa Routines but I'll be setting some up now. I have several things I'd like to use other words for. Thank you for the heads up!  >!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2018, 12:39:04 PM »

Activate and deactivate work instead of on/off but the routines are the way to go.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

soxfan1966

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2018, 10:04:22 AM »

Not sure if this is exactly related or not to the original post but I seem to be having a similar issue.

I have my X10 Hub up and running and if I access Home Genie from my desktop or phone, log in (note: I have saved passwords in my Chrome browser for these sites too, so once I enter it once it does not ask me again).

Once the page loads I can turn things off an on via the HG web page.

If I try and use Alexa - sometimes it works right away, sometimes it takes a few seconds and then works but replies that the device isn't responding or doesn't work and replies the device isn't responding.

If it doesnt work, and I log into HG via the desktop or phone and then try again it works.

So I am wondering if there is something funky with the saved passwords or perhaps once I close the browser session (either on the desktop or my phone) that it is doing something to affect Alexa's ability to stay connected ?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2018, 10:56:56 AM »

I suspect this is a time out issue in HA-BRIDGE. There are a few settings you can play with in HA-BRIDGE  but it maybe better to post a issue on Github. As BWSsystems may have a more direct way of fixing this. Since a pressing of the test buttons never seem to fail I don't believe it is a ossue with HG.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

soxfan1966

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2018, 05:15:37 PM »

I did some investigating and it seems others have had a similar issue where there is a timeout issue w Alexa (5 seconds). 

Based on this example - I can try it out and see if it works
https://github.com/bwssytems/ha-bridge/issues/364

You'll need to return a 200 response code in your PHP, try adding header("HTTP/1.1 200 OK"); to the first line of your file.

soxfan1966

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2019, 10:14:27 AM »

That didnt seem to work, or at least not the way I tried it.  I added this to the Headers section for on of my x10 devices in Ha Brdge:

["HTTP/1.1 200 OK"]

Then below that was the line for the password (similarly in [])

So not sure if the format of that needs to be different or if that isnt the issue.  Still seems to be some kind of timeout issue between Alex, Ha Bridge and HomeGenie.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2019, 09:09:43 AM »

In My tests the HG Echo Bridge works much more reliable and faster then HA-Bridge for Alexa. I suspect the reason for this is the extra http calls required using HA-Bridge and the fact that it has many more possible options to sort through.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

IPS

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2019, 07:30:36 PM »

Hello all
I have been very busy for a while. Am back and I need your help. After up dating Alexa last week, It has stop working. In the sense it responds but nothing happens. Also the groups that I had created in Alexa app have disappeared and alexa now does not discover  X10 devices. It does discover smart life and Meross, iRobot , PowerView but will not discover x10. HA-Bridge is working.
I have dealt with this problem while testing when Alexa was introduced. But for some reason I can't find the threads. Would appreciate any help to get my system working. B:(  >*<
This all is set on win 10 PC with CM15a
Thanks.   

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2019, 08:04:29 PM »

You'll see this on most home automation programs at the moment. The recent Alexa firmware update has broken the Philips Hue emulation and developers are scrambling to resolve the problem. So far it's not looking too good. There's been a few temporary workarounds in the more popular home automation programs.

I suggest Googling on this subject to see exactly what is going on. Anything that hurts Amazon's bottom line will surely get broken with any upgrade.

IPS

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2019, 08:51:34 PM »

I talked to Amazon help. They could not help. I don't think they know how Ha-bridge is suppose to work with alexa.

IPS

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2019, 08:55:20 PM »

You'll see this on most home automation programs at the moment. The recent Alexa firmware update has broken the Philips Hue emulation and developers are scrambling to resolve the problem. So far it's not looking too good. There's been a few temporary workarounds in the more popular home automation programs.

Is it also happening with HG pi?

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2019, 09:13:46 PM »

What are you using for home automation at the moment

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2019, 07:59:29 AM »

My city place uses HA-Bridge and the HomeGenie Echo Bridge both had stopped working. I managed to get HA-Bridge back working but disabled the Echo Bridge so not sure if it is working again.
As petera stated the issue is the Alexa app.
Here is what I did.
Remove devices from HA-Bridge (though I dont feel this needs to be done) stopping it does the something.
Open the alexa web page on a PC forget each device individualy forget all doesn't  work even thought it appears to(if you removed devices a rediscover proves this as they will reappear.
Once a rediscover reported no new devices I then started HA-Bridge.using Alexa not the app ask her to discover devices.
She will say X# new devices discovered and refreshing the app will show they were indeed seen.  >!
I have read Amazon is rolling out a fix so it is possible that I just got the fix while messing with things. ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

IPS

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2019, 09:08:05 AM »

Petera
I am using X10 AHP WITH ha-bridge.

IPS

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2019, 09:10:14 AM »

Mr. T
Will follow your way and hope it will work for me too.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.