Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Alexa issue  (Read 10368 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Alexa issue
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2019, 11:00:46 AM »

Ips besure you update HA-Bridge to the latest version.
Bwssystems tries to keep on top of Alexa issues.and a old version of HA-Bridge (if to old) will not work with Alexa as Amazon has made many changes to their API.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2019, 01:57:08 PM »

Thanks Mr.T
What is the latest version and where can I get it?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2019, 02:39:46 PM »

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

IPS

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2019, 06:46:32 PM »

I have the original ha- bridge 1.05 I think. The one you included with the Alex10.
Today tried to get 5.3 using the link you sent. It gets quite complicated for me. I have gitHub account but to Complicated for me. How about if you update the original Alex 10 Ha-bridge. I will be great full
Thanks.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2019, 07:34:41 PM »

Petera
I am using X10 AHP WITH ha-bridge.

I see. So you’re not using HomeGenie. You’re problem is a separate issue so. I think this section relates to HomeGenie or at least it’s supposed to.

I wouldn’t mess about too much with anything Amazon Alexa at the moment. It’s going through a major update and you may break more than you fix trying to resolve issues.

It’s important to understand that Amazon make nothing out of these emulators you’ll find doing the rounds. The Alexa Skills are what they want to see and circumventing this does nothing to help with their bottom line. Don’t expect support from Amazon in fairness when they fail.

You’ll see more and more of these emulators disappear with each new firmware update unless the emulator author maintains them.

IPS

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2019, 06:40:38 PM »

I have completely uninstalled Alex 10 from the window 10 Pc. turned off window security. Tried to install the first  version of Alex10. after it says installation completed, click for set up. this message pops up:
" Unable to execute file:   
C:\Alex10\alex10.exe

CreateProcess failed code 740
The requested operation requires elevation".

Same response for latter version of Alex 10

Any idea what is happening? Or what am not doing or should not do?

IPS

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2019, 09:16:14 PM »

Got it working. just right clicked on Alex10 icon and clicked on run as administrator.
Got the HA-bridge working. now trying to down load Amazon Alexa on the pc. no luck so far. any ideas?

IPS

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2019, 06:33:24 AM »

Got every thing as before  >!
including Alexa not seeing any X10 devices on Ha-bridge even though I can triger every one from the bridge. >*<
Any solution/work around?

soxfan1966

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2019, 09:15:56 PM »

Good evening all,

I am still having the issue with Alexa and HG.  I tried deleting  each of the devices in the Alexa app and then asking Alexa to discover devices - but no luck.

I read elsewhere about using port 80 but as I am using the integrated Alexa Interface - and the port needs to be the same as HG - that didn't seem to work either (I did try it).

Are others still having this issue still ?

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2019, 08:43:55 AM »

Hue emulation is broken for many other home automation programs. Alexa has undergone a number of major firmware upgrades over the last number of weeks. The result of this is that unless your home automation system is using a registered skill with Amazon you are unlikely to resolve the issue.

I did notice that BWS Systems the author of the HA Bridge had suggested using a workaround but results are very mixed. Forget about HG Echobridge. That’s now broken.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2019, 07:02:31 PM »

I use HA-Bridge with HG. The bridge is on port 80 HG on a different port. BWS systems added a helper for HG in the last update which discovers configuered HG devices and allows you to specify what you wish Alexa to control. Amazon messed up the last app update and tequired me to forget all devices individualy then re discover. A mass forget appeared to work but it was obviously not working when it was still seeing a device I had removed form my setup.dont ise the Alexa app to discover devices Tell her seems to still work correctly.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

soxfan1966

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2019, 07:30:08 PM »

For clarification, you use the integrated Alexa Interface under Settings? Or the HA-Bridge under Programs?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2019, 08:33:51 AM »

I use HA-Bridge, it will see every module configured in HG as long as it is named.
The intergrated bridge in HG wouldn't work for me with password protection enabled. It is still installed I just disabled it.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

soxfan1966

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2019, 10:54:16 AM »

With no password, is it possible to update the port that the internal Alexa Interface uses to 80 (I have it set to the same as HG right now, 8080) and resolve this?  Or is the only current way to use the HA-Bridge program as part of HG on port 80?

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2019, 03:32:56 PM »

Did you see my post above. The HomeGenie EchoBridge is broken with the last round of firmware updates from Amazon. It doesn’t matter what port you define or if it’s password or not. This was bound to happen as the program is not being maintained.

If you really need Alexa you can go the external route using the HA Bridge or install one of the many other home automation programs on the web.

For technical issues with HG I really do suggest posting on the HomeGenie Club forum. There’s a number of seasoned tech guys there who may be able to help you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.