Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: PiX10Hub Companions?  (Read 3579 times)

b0b99

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: PiX10Hub Companions?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2018, 03:53:42 PM »

Quote from: Tuicemen on December 29, 2018, 09:17:24 AM

The PiX10Hub merged the Ha-Bridge and HomeGenie on to one Pi, however see the value of having them on separate Pi boards.
Is your HA-Bridge pi talking to the Domoticz pi or it's own controller connected to it or both?

The HA-Bridge PI is using a CM11A with a USB to Serial converter. The Domoticz server is connected to a CM15A that was cleared using my old AH software when I had it running on a PC.  I know it is not a good idea to have two interfaces running but I have not had any problems with this setup.

Bob

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2018, 04:54:52 PM »

Quote from: Tuicemen on December 29, 2018, 09:17:24 AM

The PiX10Hub merged the Ha-Bridge and HomeGenie on to one Pi, however see the value of having them on separate Pi boards.
Is your HA-Bridge pi talking to the Domoticz pi or it's own controller connected to it or both?

The HA-Bridge PI is using a CM11A with a USB to Serial converter. The Domoticz server is connected to a CM15A that was cleared using my old AH software when I had it running on a PC.  I know it is not a good idea to have two interfaces running but I have not had any problems with this setup.

Bob

Shouldn't be either. One pure PL and one RF/Pl. Domoticz uses a different driver too.

Are you getting updates on Domoticz when you issue an X10 command and vice versa. It would be even better using a pure RF controller like the CM19 on HG. You could have the best of both worlds.

The problem arose with those who were using AHP and CM15 while using a separate CM15 on HG. Of course you will get those who swear everything works until their setup gets a little more complicated.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 11:48:30 AM by petera »

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2019, 11:59:19 AM »

IIRC, HG communicates between each other using MQTT.  There is a built-in MQTT server that comes with HG, but I've always installed Mosquitto and linked to that.  I don't know why I still do that since the one Gene selected should work just fine.

b0b99

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2019, 12:35:33 PM »

[quote

Shouldn't be either. One pure PL and one RF/Pl. Domoticz uses a different driver too.

Are you getting updates on Domoticz when you issue an X10 command and vice versa. It would be even better using a pure RF controller like the CM19 on HG. You could have the best of both worlds.

The problem arose with those who were using AHP and CM15 while using a separate CM15 on HG. Of course you will get those who swear everything works until their setup gets a little more complicated.
[/quote]

All activity (whether from Alexa or Domoticz) for a switch is logged in Domoticz in the switch log for each switch. Additionally in the log under setup, the activity will show "User: Admin initiated a switch command" for those switches turned on or off from Domoticz. All switch events are also listed (whether from Alexa or Domoticz) as "Mochad X10 Lighting" events.

I do not have a CM19 to experiment with and I found the HG coding confusing with what I wanted to do with notifications from x10 security devices. On the other hand Domoticz has BLOCKLY which is very much like the old AHP. It even supports dummy switches and variables. Setup for x10 security modules to send text notifications to my cell phone was simple and easy. So far I have not found anything I need to do that cannot be done with BLOCKLY.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2019, 02:14:14 PM »

[quote

All activity (whether from Alexa or Domoticz) for a switch is logged in Domoticz in the switch log for each switch. Additionally in the log under setup, the activity will show "User: Admin initiated a switch command" for those switches turned on or off from Domoticz. All switch events are also listed (whether from Alexa or Domoticz) as "Mochad X10 Lighting" events.

I do not have a CM19 to experiment with and I found the HG coding confusing with what I wanted to do with notifications from x10 security devices. On the other hand Domoticz has BLOCKLY which is very much like the old AHP. It even supports dummy switches and variables. Setup for x10 security modules to send text notifications to my cell phone was simple and easy. So far I have not found anything I need to do that cannot be done with BLOCKLY.

Yes the market is awash with open source home automation products these days. HAB , Home Assistant (my personal favourite) Domoticz etc. All proven to work with X10 I might add. You try a few and find one that suits you but they all follow a similar design.

That's what makes recommending one over another quite difficult.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 03:02:59 PM by petera »
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.