Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Putting it all together: PiXHub/HA-Bridge/Alexa  (Read 10401 times)

alzy

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: Putting it all together: PiXHub/HA-Bridge/Alexa
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2019, 01:46:41 PM »

petera- Thanks for all the help! I really appreciate your effort. Maybe adding the deleting of unneeded programs to the Hub setup instructs would be a good idea. it would have saved me a lot of troubleshooting and the getting of a replacement Pi Z W. 
I might try installing the HG Echo Bridge and disabling the HA bridge. That may also save on processing power. What do you think?
Thanks again. :)%

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
Re: Putting it all together: PiXHub/HA-Bridge/Alexa
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2019, 02:25:37 PM »

petera- Thanks for all the help! I really appreciate your effort. Maybe adding the deleting of unneeded programs to the Hub setup instructs would be a good idea. it would have saved me a lot of troubleshooting and the getting of a replacement Pi Z W. 
I might try installing the HG Echo Bridge and disabling the HA bridge. That may also save on processing power. What do you think?
Thanks again. :)%

Yes when looking at hardware suitability it's important that the correct unit is selected for the job. Other than basic X10 module control the Pi Zero W doesn't cut it.

There's varying reports on the success and failure of the EchoBridge with HG. While some have reported it working they have not indicated what generation Alexa device they are using, what model and what country they are based in.

It's one thing telling people you go it working and another setting out exactly how you achieved this including your hardware setup and what other ancillary products you have working on your LAN.

There's no problem installing the EchoBridge MIG program and trying for yourself. Just download the zip file and in the Settings section down at the bottom right hand side of the screen select Options and Install package. You've nothing to loose either way.

Just back up your system in case you want to revert should it not work
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.