Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Buster PiX10Hub is here! Created by the Community, for the Community.:)% #:)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Easy intergation of Alexa into the PiX10Hub  (Read 5801 times)

dkbialik

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Easy intergation of Alexa into the PiX10Hub
« Reply #165 on: December 13, 2019, 07:05:52 PM »

I just eliminated the usb hub

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 19
« Reply #166 on: December 13, 2019, 07:09:05 PM »

Ok. Can you plug the CM15 directly into the Zero W with what I suggested

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #167 on: December 13, 2019, 07:25:45 PM »

In HomeGenie all you need enabled in Settings is X10 and Universal Plug & Play. Everything else should be Disabled. Make sure you can turn on a light in HomeGenie before you proceed to HA Bridge. HA Bridge HomeGenie Helper should expose you lights and switches automatically to Alexa so all you need to do is Discover in Alexa and everything should work

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #168 on: December 13, 2019, 07:26:48 PM »

I'm logging out shortly so are you finished now

dkbialik

« Reply #169 on: December 13, 2019, 07:44:11 PM »

thank you very much.  Lights are turning on.  They are not turning off, but I will continue to play with it.  Your help is much appreciated.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #170 on: December 13, 2019, 08:16:53 PM »

Thatís good. I didnít realize you were using a hub. Is Alexa working. It should be quite easy to sort out the rest of the problems now. Youíve had a crash course in troubleshooting in the Linux world where everything can be resolved as long as you know what the problem is. Iím years working with Linux servers and thatís all HomeGenie is. The rest you are dealing with is simple now that X10 is working.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 266
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
    • Tuicemen Software
« Reply #171 on: December 14, 2019, 08:32:42 AM »

Why do you need a 4 port hub on the zero w?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Find extra info @ My forum

dkbialik

« Reply #172 on: December 14, 2019, 11:45:22 AM »

Thank you both.  I was using the hub for keyboard and cm15.  It is now connected without keyboard.  All is working now and it is responding better than Alex10 ever did.  Now I will be learning HomeGenie.  Thank you again.  X10 is the only option for home automation when you live in an old house and all the new switches more wiring than is available (Neutral).

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #173 on: December 14, 2019, 12:37:20 PM »

Thank you both.  I was using the hub for keyboard and cm15.  It is now connected without keyboard.  All is working now and it is responding better than Alex10 ever did.  Now I will be learning HomeGenie.  Thank you again.  X10 is the only option for home automation when you live in an old house and all the new switches more wiring than is available (Neutral).

You were obviously using the Raspbian GUI on your Pi Zero which really is pointless on a server. So much easier to use it headless via PuTTY as you now know. You can disable the GUI using sudo raspi-config to save on unnecessary overhead. You also might want to check on those programs running on HG that are not necessary and disable them too.

Iíd leave that old Java Jar on your system for the moment as itís not interfering with anything. It can be easily removed later. Lastly now that you have a fully functioning setup Iíd take an image of that SD card in case you screw it up. 20 minutes work now will save you and me hours of head scratching later.

Glad you got it working. You never mentioned you had that OTG cable available to replace that hub or that the lights were working in Amazon as well as HG. Always remember thereís others that will be reading through these exploits at some stage looking for similar solutions. And definitely the last word from me on this. Always mention your hardware and software setup when reporting an issue. It helps so much when troubleshooting in the dark.

Back to the day job now so good luck with your lady friend Alexa  :)%

dkbialik

« Reply #174 on: December 14, 2019, 03:02:38 PM »

Thanks again.  Yes it is working with Alexa.  I am now trying to figure out how to create a timed event in Home Genie.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.