Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The X10Hub (PiX10Hub) is here! Created by the Community, for the Community.:)% #:)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: pix10hub on a cm19a capable Pi  (Read 2813 times)

alzy

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
pix10hub on a cm19a capable Pi
« on: December 29, 2018, 06:12:02 AM »

For us cm19a users!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 264
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
    • Tuicemen Software
Re: pix10hub on a cm19a capable Pi
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 09:05:54 AM »

:o
Several users have reported success with this and a CM19 if it weren't capable of being run from a Cm19 it wouldn't have been released as so.
I didn't expect Gene to jump in and add extra support for the CM19 to HG but kodos to him for doing so.

You'll never get the full benefit of the PXH running a CM19 or the older CM11 just like you couldn't from AHP.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Find extra info @ My forum

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 12:28:26 PM »

What's wrong with using a RPi3 or RPiZW?  Both should be capable of connecting to the CM19A, right?  Is the issue that HG is too much for the ZW?

alzy

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 12:37:27 PM »

It doesn't run properly on my R Pi Z W. The apparent conclusion is that I either have a sub par real Rpi Z W or a knockoff and that's why it no work right! i am as yet not convinced that this is the case.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen Software
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 12:38:19 PM »

the CM19 works fine with the Zero W and HG petera and myself did a good bit of testing with this prior to including it in the PXH.
I believe what may be the issue is two servers + cm19 is to much for the Pi ZeroW though it did work for me for the short time I had HA-Bridge connected to it.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

alzy

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 12:52:04 PM »

I am confused. If the cm19a is stated as working with the Rpi Z W with the hub sw then it should work with all RPiz w's  from the production line that are within production tolerances. If it doesn't then it doesn't work on that hardware.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen Software
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 01:05:16 PM »

I am confused. If the cm19a is stated as working with the Rpi Z W with the hub sw then it should work with all RPiz w's  from the production line that are within production tolerances. If it doesn't then it doesn't work on that hardware.
Exactly! if they came from the same production line and Quality control was up to par.
I worked on a production line for 30 years and never saw 100% quality day in and out.
Take a regular operator on the line out and replace them with a temp worker, 90% of the time quality suffers.
When Mexico started up building GMC trucks every Friday night they had to go looking for workers on the streets I sure wouldn't want a truck made on a friday night.
Either you have a configuration issue or a bad Pi ZeroW
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

alzy

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 01:15:49 PM »

EXACTLY my point. You don't know that when it works on a Pi Z its one that is the BEST off the line.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 19
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 02:09:49 PM »

@alzy not wanting to get too involved in the "works on this, doesn't work on this " debate there are a number of considerations to ponder here.

1. Are you sure your CM19 is functioning 100%
2. Is the connection between your CM19 and the OTG usb cable 100%
3. Is the OTG USB cable fully compliant with standards. A lot of cheap repos out there for sale.

I point these things out as bad earthing on any leg of the connection can cause erratic and intermittent behaviour.

It might be worth ruling these factors out before you dig in any further to the software for your problem spending hours trying to resolve this issue.

What I can confirm from my end is that the CM19 is working in HG on all standard Raspberry Pis from Model 2 to Model 3 + and of course the the Pi Zero W.

I know how frustrating these issues can be but it's always useful to have backup hardware to swap in and out during the troubleshooting process.

Remember, it's a case of "it doesn't work for me" rather than "it doesn't work, full stop"

alzy

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2019, 02:19:59 PM »

I don't think its an intermittent connection problem cuze the results are 100% the same after many , many tries.
I swapped out the OTG with another from a different maker and get the same error. B:(

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2019, 02:57:50 PM »

I don't think its an intermittent connection problem cuze the results are 100% the same after many , many tries.
I swapped out the OTG with another from a different maker and get the same error. B:(

I've not come across a bad Pi in the last 4 years of purchasing but of course that's not saying you don't have one.

Assuming you have disabled the HA Bridge service using sudo systemctl stop whateveryourbridgefilenameis.service from an SSH session taking the 3rd party server out of the equation and have HG directly address your CM19 there's little else to be done from a distance.

alzy

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 02:45:43 PM »

I have found the cm19a to not work reliably with the Pi Zero W. I tried 2 different Zero's with zero results. It is not an rf problem.  >*<

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 04:15:16 PM »

I have found the cm19a to not work reliably with the Pi Zero W. I tried 2 different Zero's with zero results. It is not an rf problem.  >*<

I think at this stage it's accepted that HG in general and the CM19 in particular will work better on a Raspberry Pi 3 or better. You still need to rule out any possibility of noise on your power line though.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Tuicemen Software
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2019, 04:26:41 PM »

During the testing a few users had issues creating SD image Cards of the PXH.
I'm wondering if this is what is at play here, or the size of ones setup as some reported good results while others have issues.
Alzy did you try a simple lite Raspbian image with just HG installed? ::)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

alzy

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2019, 05:21:43 PM »

No I didn't but I can look into that!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.