Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The X10Hub (PiX10Hub) is here! Created by the Community, for the Community.:)% #:)

Author Topic: Send x10 RF signals with or triggered by PLC  (Read 105 times)

soxfan1966

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Send x10 RF signals with or triggered by PLC
« on: December 29, 2018, 08:36:19 AM »

I've got things up and running for the most part, down to 3 problem devices - all ones I had issues with in AHP but was able to use macros to get to work:

1) Kitchen Sink light - this is an X10 dimmer switch.  Currently turns on but will not turn off from HG or Alexa.

2) Table Lamp (currently used for Christmas Tree) - in AHP, I had a macro defined so that when a specific PLC command for a trigger device was hit it would send an RF signal to the x10 device for this.  I had 2 macros - one for on and one for off.   

3) Living Room Lights - same issue as #2, and in fact the same room.  Similarly, I had macros to trigger RF commands when triggered and these had been working in AHP but not working in HG / Alexa.

Taking a break for now, am going to leave things running in the Pi Hub and shut down the PC and see if my timed events I set up in HG get triggered correctly.

Any help on setting up HG macros to send RF x10 commands would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 258
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
    • Tuicemen Software
Re: Send x10 RF signals with or triggered by PLC
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 09:07:07 AM »

This was one option HG never had prior to the community starting to develop the PiX10Hub  using a Cm15.
However Gene has added the ability to send RF from the CM15. By default the cm15 only sends PLC however you can send RF in a macro or by the API directly using the hex code for the X10 module you wish to control.
I've not attempted the macro yet but I have sent RF referencing the API.
You can also send by calling the API directly:

http://<homegenie_address>/api/HomeAutomation.X10/RF/Control.RfSend/20-40-BF-68-97

This would send C7-OFF, but the CM15 will not execute the command over PLC because the CM15 itself is the sender of the command. So there must be another receiver that will do something with this RF command (another transceiver).

I've put together a hex code RF reference sheet (attached) using the info found here: https://github.com/trrroy/cm19a/blob/master/CM19aProtocol.ini
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Find extra info @ My forum

soxfan1966

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 09:35:02 AM »

So I would create a macro with the device as the trigger that would then send the corresponding RF command as in your example?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 258
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
    • Tuicemen Software
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 09:41:07 AM »

I would suspect so.
However as I stated I've not attempted to create a RF macro as yet.
I have setup HA-Bridge to tell HG to send the RF code so Alexa can send the RF So I know the RF works.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Find extra info @ My forum

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 18
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 12:03:00 PM »

@ soxfan1966 - Is the kitchen light an LED or CFL? If so, test with an incandescent bulb. LED and CFL bulbs (and sometimes even a failing incandescent) can create noise that would block the OFF signal. Since they don't produce noise when off, the ON signal works fine.

soxfan1966

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 12:09:12 PM »

It's an LED bulb, but the same one that's been in that spot for years.  It's been quirky (I also have a bunch of Christmas lights currently up that may be causing interference).  I'm going to play around with the RF part for the living room lights and go from there.  Thanks

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 288
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 12:57:00 PM »

As LED bulbs age. Some get more noisy. You still may want to try a incandescent bulb in that location.

soxfan1966

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2018, 10:30:14 AM »

I added the RF command as a second line to the entry for my Christmas Tree in HA Bridge to give it a test and it worked!  The extra info from Tuicemen with the hex address for the on/off listings was very handy.

I am now adding in the extra RF for each of my devices in HA Bridge - so each one will send the PLC and RF command.  I am trying them out directly in HA Bridge and then will from Alexa to make sure they all work as expected.

Once I get that going, I will see about adding the similar command in for HomeGenie - via a macro I hope.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.