Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The X10Hub (PiX10Hub) is here! Created by the Community, for the Community.:)% #:)

Author Topic: Weather triggered scripts  (Read 222 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 265
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
    • Tuicemen Software
Weather triggered scripts
« on: February 13, 2019, 10:08:13 AM »

I included these temperature scripts in the PiX10Hub1.1 image however for those that installed HG manually you may not have them.
These are simple wizard scripts and use the data from Open Weather and turn on  or off a light based on a temperature value.
Rename the attached to 1010-Greater_Then_Temperature_trigger.zip,
unzip it, then from the HG Weather and Environment group select import and navigate to the folder containing the HGX files and import.

Open weather I find has more triggering options then Weather Underground as well the API keys are no longer freely being given for WU.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Find extra info @ My forum

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 265
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
    • Tuicemen Software
Re: Weather triggered scripts
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 10:26:19 AM »

The samples included above are just for temperature greater then and less then.  Users may wish to have different weather conditions triggering different things so Here is a simple walk though to create a weather condition trigger script using the wizard.
1: In HG click on configure then programs then weather and environment.
2: From actions select add new program in the window that pops up enter a name and click OK.
3: Keep the program type set as wizard script and enter a description to help you identify it later.
4: In program code click add command and find what device you wish to turn on or off once selected it will display a number of actions on, off , select the option then done
5: In trigger code click add condition
6: Click programs then scroll to your desired weather program
7: Scroll down to the item you wish to trigger with
8: Now select greater then less than or equals in the value window type the numerical number only! and then click done.
9: If you wish to trigger using another weather program as well repeat steps 5 to 8
10: Select trigger then the when to trigger.
11: Click actions the save the click back button to exit
12: Be sure the new program (script) you just created is active displaying a check mark on the right side of the screen. If it isn't click the triangle with exclamation mark inside to enable it.

Now every time the weather program refreshes this macro will be checked and run if the condition is met .
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 08:24:24 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Find extra info @ My forum

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.