Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Updating HG  (Read 6740 times)

alzy

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: Updating HG
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2018, 04:28:51 PM »

Ok did manual install of .30. Up and running. Still have double click issue .

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2018, 04:46:35 PM »

Ok did manual install of .30. Up and running. Still have double click issue .

Ok I'll have a closer look at that problem in the logs. I still think its related to the HA Bridge. I'd still prefer to run Tuicemens setup on a standard Raspberry Pi. Maybe you should try it now that you are more familiar with the setup. Just post if you need help on that.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2018, 05:29:39 PM »

Sorry for the slow reply been battling a Christmasvirus my granddaughter  gave me.
I never added any blacklist drivers to the image so I suspect the version the image was released with did that.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

alzy

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2018, 05:38:41 PM »

BTW, dpkg --remove homegenie

should be "sudo dpkg --remove homegenie"

racerfern

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2019, 11:39:49 AM »

@petera I can't get the PiX10Hub image to work on my RPi3B+ so I started from scratch with Noobs, then downloaded the homegenie file per your instructions. It won't install, stops at a warning that it Cannot get the exclusive lock on the packaging backend, etc.

So I downloaded using wget and then tried installing via gdebi but gdebi is not on my system. So I thought I installed gdebi with:
sudo apt-get install gdebi
but it's still not on my system. What am I doing wrong, besides bothering you.  :'

Whoa! I got Homegenie working via command line. All good. But now I need Java to run HA-Bridge, correct?

As this has become more like a diary, I see I have Java installed, but I can't seem to get the command to setup the .jar file that I downloaded.

FWIW, I'm simply trying to get to the same place T has done with his image, but on a RPi3B+

Thanks.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 12:18:25 PM by racerfern »

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2019, 03:27:12 PM »

@petera I can't get the PiX10Hub image to work on my RPi3B+ so I started from scratch with Noobs, then downloaded the homegenie file per your instructions. It won't install, stops at a warning that it Cannot get the exclusive lock on the packaging backend, etc.

So I downloaded using wget and then tried installing via gdebi but gdebi is not on my system. So I thought I installed gdebi with:
sudo apt-get install gdebi
but it's still not on my system. What am I doing wrong, besides bothering you.  :'

Whoa! I got Homegenie working via command line. All good. But now I need Java to run HA-Bridge, correct?

As this has become more like a diary, I see I have Java installed, but I can't seem to get the command to setup the .jar file that I downloaded.

FWIW, I'm simply trying to get to the same place T has done with his image, but on a RPi3B+

Thanks.

Before attempting to install any software first sudo apt update and sudo apt upgrade

Your error message relates to missing files in the Raspbian repository. This should resolve that issue. Please post the full error message when you get one. Makes life an awful lot easier for everyone.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.