Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Updating HG  (Read 6744 times)

alzy

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: Updating HG
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2018, 10:07:41 AM »

Yes I have done it for the cm19a issue and posted it on github and later today I will do it for the update issue and post it here and github.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2018, 11:01:50 AM »

Yes I have done it for the cm19a issue and posted it on github and later today I will do it for the update issue and post it here and github.

Just had a brief look at that log. Are you using the energy monitor. It's devouring your system resources with server calls. If you're not using it I'd disable it. You're also showing a disposed object error in one of your calls. What additional programs have you added outside of the standard homegenie distribution. You may be using programs that need to be recompiled in a newer version of C#.

What you'll need to do is run HG in debug mode again and post the first 30 lines so I can see if your modules are loading correctly.

My feeling on your CM19 issue is the comms between HG and HA Bridge. As I said I don't have that issue with my system so I can't replicate it. Maybe Gene might have a clearer view on that. I did notice a LibUSBdotnet warning but again the author may have an opinion on that.

alzy

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2018, 01:15:33 PM »

I will try to get the first 30 lines. I am only running the 1.1  image updated to stable.30. I have added nothing else as I don't know how. Could you be seeing artifacts of the fact that the updates to stable.30 hung during the process.

alzy

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2018, 01:34:06 PM »

Here's first 30 plus lines u requested.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2018, 02:04:06 PM »

Here's first 30 plus lines u requested.

I'm aiming this at @Tuicemen. Is there any reason why you still have the three drivers blacklisted.  Gene resolved that driver conflict issue when he released the CM19 support in HG. Is there any reason why UnPnP is disabled in HG on the image. Was it done to accommodate the HA Bridge.

@alzy I can get you to V.30 doing a manual update but have you tried reverting to a last known working HG image.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2018, 02:13:44 PM »

Ok copy and paste each individual line into the Terminal in your Putty session

I've posted this before but in the event of a HG meltdown carry out the following at the Terminal (your Putty window)

1. backup your configuration
2. uninstall current hg with the command.......   dpkg --remove homegenie
3. completely remove the hg folder................   sudo rm -rf /usr/local/bin/homegenie
4. get your new release........

wget https://github.com/genielabs/HomeGenie/releases/download/v1.2-stable.30/homegenie_1.2-stable.30_all.deb

5. install new release...................................    gdebi homegenie_1.2-stable.30_all.deb
6. restore your HG settings backup

This will get you V.30 without the spinning wheel

This is the process for a manual install and stops all that delay with the updater freezing.

alzy

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2018, 02:36:55 PM »

Petera: I don't understand your last post. My image seems to work. Is it otherwise corrupted?

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2018, 02:54:22 PM »

During your update it appears that the full update didn't complete. In order to ensure that you did in fact get the full update I posted a method of doing that manually to ensure none of the packages were omitted. There's three entries in the log that look suspect but if you feel HG is working ok you can ignore it. Not all errors are fatal.

The updater has always been notorious in the past so that's why we decided to go the manual update route in the past.

alzy

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2018, 03:04:11 PM »

OK what I did was on an 8gb card I did a fresh installed image 1.1. Set up the Pi then did your command line stuff then did the upgrade install to stable.30 in HG via the web gui. The install halted as before, at which time I captured the last lines of the log and they are attached.

alzy

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2018, 03:07:15 PM »

I did notice that during the upgrade to .30 the terminal several times had a message saying "error cm15 not installed" as I am using a cm19a. Don't know if that means anything but maybe you do.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2018, 03:30:12 PM »

I did notice that during the upgrade to .30 the terminal several times had a message saying "error cm15 not installed" as I am using a cm19a. Don't know if that means anything but maybe you do.

Have you got a working image of V.28 If so put it back on your SD card for the moment. It looks like on initial viewing of the log that Gene has possibly omitted some package that's causing your issue.

I'm surprised that by following my manual install instructions and restoring your HG backup you are having problems. I'm not. I wonder if Tuicemen added something to his image that is conflicting with V.30. V.30 is working fine here using the CM19 controller.

alzy

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2018, 03:38:04 PM »

No I got 1.1 image release.

alzy

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2018, 03:40:21 PM »

I did not do your manual install. I did the HG install cause that is when I had the issue!

alzy

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2018, 03:42:10 PM »

I did what I said I did:
OK what I did was on an 8gb card I did a fresh installed image 1.1. Set up the Pi then did your command line stuff (to create the log)  then did the upgrade install to stable.30 in HG via the web gui. The install halted as before, at which time I captured the last lines of the log and they are attached.

petera

• PI Expert
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2018, 03:45:44 PM »

I did what I said I did:
OK what I did was on an 8gb card I did a fresh installed image 1.1. Set up the Pi then did your command line stuff (to create the log)  then did the upgrade install to stable.30 in HG via the web gui. The install halted as before, at which time I captured the last lines of the log and they are attached.

Ok. Now try my manual install instructions. When they are completed you will have V.30 with the full package install. Remember one line at a time copy and paste. Once you have that done reboot the Pi and all should be well.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.