🖥️ActiveHome Pro > Third Party Add-Ons & Software

Re: Alex10 (x10 control with Amazon echo, dot or tap)

(1/15) > >>

brobin:
AlexaPiHub is great but lacks the elegance of Alex10 which makes setup and management of devices easy for anyone.  I've been thinking  -:) , what if I could run Alex10 on a PiZW? There is a reasonably priced (on sale for $10.46 now) Pi program called ExaGear that runs Windows programs under WINE.  I've got a spare Pi here and there's a free 3 day trial for ExaGear.  Any thoughts on this?

alzy:
Might be worth a try! Think it would work with a cm19a?

Tuicemen:
This may work, Alex10 uses the AHP SDK other have been able to run AHP under wine so it is worth a shot. However a pi zeroW may be short on the cpu power to run wine and everytnig Alex10 requires.

brobin:
Yes, Alex10 works with a CM19a perfectly.  Before I moved it to the PiAlexaHub I ran Alex10 with the CM19a on an old Sony laptop that was so anemic it couldn't even keep up with my slow typing. Here's my AlexaPiHub photo, I haven't touched it in almost 3 months.

brobin:

--- Quote from: Tuicemen on December 29, 2018, 01:21:51 PM ---This may work, Alex10 uses the AHP SDK other have been able to run AHP under wine so it is worth a shot. However a pi zeroW may be short on the cpu power to run wine and everything Alex10 requires.

--- End quote ---
I might give it try today or tomorrow. If it at least works slowly as a proof of concept on the PiZW then I could always get a more powerful (tastier?) Pi.  I'd be testing it with a CM15 as I don't have a 19 here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version