Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Lights on "A1" come on daily at 3P , on raspberry pi running Heyu with CM11a  (Read 2271 times)

jjs7cams

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Just got raspberry pi 3b, running Raspbian and installed heyu 2.1.  Also i am using TRIGGERcmd to allow using x10 light modules to be operated by voice commands with a google home smart speaker.  Took a while to get working as I know nothing about linux etc.  I am using a CM11a and again it works fine.

But every day at 3 PM lights on A1 come on, and then go off at 4 PM by themselves.  I have created no macros for the CM11a and would not know how to do so anyway. There are no batteries in the CM11a.  I did unplug the CM11a for several minutes to supposedly purge anything in it.  From what little I can research, there are apparently all kinds of config files associated with Heyu. I have looked at them but do not understand their content.

So what is going on? Is there a file somewhere doing this, if so how do I stop it and where is it? Is Heyu doing this, Is the CM11a doing this on its own.  I am at a loss to explain, but want to stop this.

If I do finally get it resolved, I would like to use the timer capabilities of the CM11a and Heyu but have no idea how to do so.

Thanks in advance and am sorry for my ignorance on what I am trying to do here.

Thanks
jjs7cams

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157

I don't know anything about Heyu but the CM11 may have something stored and unplugging it won't clear it. You'd have to go into it with AHP and clear the memory.  Of course, the easiest way to solve the problem is to just not use A1 for any of your devices. Personally, I never use House Code A.  If you want to keep everything on one house code you have 15 others to choose from (but avoid M).

jjs7cams

As for now I'm forced to use A1 on certain lights because it is tied to our ADT alarm system.  There is a module which flashes a1 AND A2 when alarm goes off which I want to retain.

AHP is that active home pro.  Years ago I had that on an old XP computer.  Is the software still available, if so where.  So I would have to down load it and then what.  Again sorry for the ignorance.

Thanks

jjs7cams

brobin

OK, I understand the ADT issue. That's changeable but you have to do it from the alarm keypad and find out how.  B:( You can get the CM-11a Active Home software from here: https://thex10shop.com/pages/software-downloads  Others here may be able provide more details on what to do next but you may find the setting once you open it up. You might see the event and be able to delete it or just wipe the whole memory.

jjs7cams

Thanks, I think I still have old notebook with a serial port.  Will give it a try

jjs7cams

brobin

BTW, there are 2 versions of the s/w. One is for newer PC's and it's probably the one you need.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

Active Home was the software the CM11A used.

The latest version of Active Home Pro. Also added support for the CM11A. Though some features didn't seem to be working 100% with a CM11A

If your Security Panel is sending a signal to a X10 PF284 or an X10Pro PSC01 Powerflash module. You can change its House and Unit Code dials to pick as new X10 address it is flashing the lights. If you can't get the A1 address thing corrected.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 01:19:29 PM by Brian H »

jjs7cams

The interface between ADT security and my system is a Powerline PL513 module.  ADT installed at my request and was told could not change the A1 and A2 addressees for the flashing light.  The module has not switches or dials to set anything.

jjs7cams

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

OK.
The PL513 is an X10 interface from the Security Panel to the power line.
So you would have to change the X10 address through the panels settings if available. Sounds like it is not possible according to ADT.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 01:35:07 PM by Brian H »

brobin

The change has to be made in the panel's programming.  ADT uses a variety of panels. do you know what brand and model you have (Ademco Vista 20 perhaps?). Post a photo if you don't know.

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 27

You’re panel is using a power line carrier card probably. You’re CM11 is using pure power line so the chances are there’s pre programmed events defined on your panel colliding with your CM11. As suggested clear those events on your security panel to stop the collision.

You didn’t mention what security panel you have. Is it by any chance a GE Concord.

jjs7cams

I did download a copy of AHP on a old computer, plugged the CM11a and followed menu choices to clear the memory of macros.  There were errors in doing so, so no sure if it worked.  Will know today at 3PM to see if the lights on A1 come on. 

The X10 interface is this which is a power line.

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/PL513

I have had this working for many years and the tech who installed this is long retired.  Not sure if anyone one at ADT now would know how to change it. I'll try.  As I remember when it was installed we wanted inside lights and outside lights to flash when there is a security alarm.  So the inside home lights ended up on  A1 and outside on A2.  I believe we were told it had to be those two addressed at the time. It does work.  But as many, said stay away from using the A house code.  So if ADT can fix, would be great.

Otherwise the Raspberry Pi is working great using Heyu and Triggercmd with voice commands from our Google home smart speaker.  And even can run the commands from the google home app on my android phone anywhere.  We also have the X10 wifi working as well.  So two ways to get the same result while not home.

Thanks to all for comments and advice so far.  We will report back as to what happens after 3P if the CM11a was indeed purged.

So whats old is new in some regard with smart speakers and x10.

jjs7cams

brobin

If the lights come on at 3 today then try unplugging the PL-513 and see what happens tomorrow. At least you'll know where the problem is. If you tell us the brand/model # of the panel we may be able to help you with that. Some of us have experience programming security panels.

jjs7cams

The lights came on today at 3P but did not go off at 4, so I suppose part of the wiping of the CM11a worked, but the wrong part.  I will unplug the PL513 as suggested tomorrow and see what happens.  But never had the problem before the CM11a was in use.

As far as the security cabinet, there is no number on the outside, it is a

ADT Pulse Safewatch Pro 3000   system with 2 keypads

Thanks
jjs7cams

brobin

Unplugging the PL513 may not be the solution but it at least eliminates it as a factor.  Worst case, you can add a timer to turn off A1 at 3:01 every day.  :'
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.