🖥️ActiveHome Pro > ActiveHome Pro General

Interface isn't connected message

(1/4) > >>

jagMan653:
Today I connect my new  CM15A and downloaded and installedAHP 3.318. Everything went smoothly through the tests ... Appliance module neatly switching on and off etc. Then I created my Rooms, modules, etc. and set some timers, and saved the file to my HD. Then I made a few edits like renaming modules saved it again. At some point things stopped responding, and I discovered the "Interface not connected" message. Searching the forum I found reports of this problem, along with a fix... unplug the CM15A, remove & replace the batteries, and reconnect. No joy.

Any suggestions?

brobin:
Have you tried rebooting the PC?

HA Dave:

--- Quote from: jagMan653 on January 05, 2019, 08:17:02 PM ---Today I connect my new  CM15A and downloaded and installedAHP 3.318. Everything went smoothly through the tests ... Appliance module neatly switching on and off etc. Then I created my Rooms, modules, etc. and set some timers, and saved the file to my HD. Then I made a few edits like renaming modules saved it again. At some point things stopped responding, and I discovered the "Interface not connected" message. Searching the forum I found reports of this problem, along with a fix... unplug the CM15A, remove & replace the batteries, and reconnect. No joy.
Any suggestions?

--- End quote ---

The "unplug the CM15A, remove & replace the batteries, and reconnect" is a standard procedure.

--- Quote from: jagMan653 on January 05, 2019, 08:17:02 PM ---  Then I made a few edits like renaming modules saved it again. At some point things stopped responding
--- End quote ---

I never had much luck with such "edits". I have to delete a module (empty the trash/recycle bin... don't upload with trash in the trash bin) and create new module, room, macro, timer, etc.).

I'd start over with a proper naming protocol. I use year 19 month 1, day 5... then any revisions on the day 5 would be A,B,C, etc..

Create your first nice working macro name it 190105 and save it to the CM15A for testing.never edit or modify that file. Next create another macro, timer, room modules whatever and name it 190105A. So any screw ups only lose the very last file.... where the error occurred.

jagMan653:

--- Quote from: brobin on January 05, 2019, 10:01:40 PM ---Have you tried rebooting the PC?

--- End quote ---

No.  Is that a known issue or "on general principles?"

BTW, I'm using a Windows 10 machine. Tomorrow I'll try it on a Windows 7 machine.

jagMan653:

--- Quote ---I never had much luck with such "edits". I have to delete a module (empty the trash/recycle bin... don't upload with trash in the trash bin) and create new module, room, macro, timer, etc.).

I'd start over with a proper naming protocol. I use year 19 month 1, day 5... then any revisions on the day 5 would be A,B,C, etc..

Create your first nice working macro name it 190105 and save it to the CM15A for testing.never edit or modify that file. Next create another macro, timer, room modules whatever and name it 190105A. So any screw ups only lose the very last file.... where the error occurred.

--- End quote ---

Thanks. I'll try starting over.

Has anyone used this version with Windows 10?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version