Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Interface isn't connected message  (Read 4141 times)

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
Re: Interface isn't connected message
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2019, 08:40:33 PM »

Glad you got it sorted!  :)% You'll be very pleased with the XTB-IIR as it will solve most if not all of your signal problems. When something will turn on but not off it's likely because what was turned on is causing the problem. It is quite likely an LED bulb misbehaving. In the event that still happens, a filter or hash choke will solve the problem. Read http://jvde.us/x10/x10_cfl.pdf

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2019, 06:27:07 AM »

I remember some threads here. Indicating the programs location in Windows 10. Made a difference on its operation.

jagMan653

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2019, 11:06:00 AM »

Yes, I read that too and it was one of the things I eventually did. Now the ActiveHome Pro folder is at C:\.

The order of doing things is also important. This point was driven home for me when I finally got my Windows 10 machine to to recognize the CM15A interface. The very last thing I did before it worked was plugging in the USB cable. Rather than intentional, this was by accident.

I had been trying to make it work on my Win 7 machine without success. Then I switched back to the Win 10 machine, uninstalled AHP, and reinstalled it at C:\. It still didn't recognize the interface. Then I realized I had forgotten to switch the cable back to the Win 10 machine. When I plugged it in, the Interface was recognized! This should be no surprise, since the the CM15A instructions says to install the AHP software before plugging in the interface.

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2019, 11:30:33 AM »

This should be no surprise, since the the CM15A instructions says to install the AHP software before plugging in the interface.

Yes, that's critical and typical of most devices that have their own software/driver packages - not unique to X10. If you plug in the device first it'll get a driver from Windows instead of the needed one from the installed software.  I've bought other devices that have a big red stickers covering the USB plug with a STOP sign saying not to plug it in till the s/w is installed.

jagMan653

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2019, 07:24:07 PM »

I agree, requiring software installation before hardware has been with us for a very long time. And I did so with AHP.  What perhaps happened here, though, is when I uninstalled AHP and reinstalled in C:\ the CM15A was already plugged in and configured to look for things in the original installation folder. I think if someone wanted to relocate AHP the procedure should be (a) unplug the CM15A, (b) uninstall/reinstall AHP, (c) plug in CM15A.   
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.