📱X10 WIFI > 🗯General Discussion

RIP, WM100?

(1/8) > >>

ceedee:
Tuicemen,
Is the WM effectively dead?  Seems that way.

Chris

dave w:
My two cents is NO. At least not yet.
I don't think "we" on the forum really knows how much Authinx is selling. Although I doubt this, but Authinx *could* have sold several hundred of these things, and a lot of owners, not familiar with this forum may be happy with them as a WiFi remote control.
Tuicemen communicates with Authix and would have a more accurate feel. But without knowing how many Willys have been sold, and how many bread and butter Appliance and Lamp modules are being sold monthly, which will spur the sale of Willys, my guess is Nope, ain't dead.

ceedee:
Fair enough. I’d love to go the Pi route, but I don’t have a CM, and I’m sure that they won’t take back my WM.  While I could use some of the features that are broken, it mostly works.  My biggest fear is that the app & firmware will be updated a week after I ditch the beast and go Pi.

brobin:
Not dead but not very useful either. Sort of like some of us old guys around here.  rofl

SkipWX10:
Agree, not dead but truly a glorified phone app remote...which I have to admit I like since my phone is always in my pocket, unlike a Palm Pad....so, I hope they keep supporting it and it's servers.

The best thing that could happen first, in my mind, in it's current state anyway, would be to give it 'local' control over the 'local' wi-fi network and not require Authinx servers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version